Bhaktivinod Thakur has written this song “Ekhona Bujhinu”. The official name for this song is “Vasya Raksibe Krsna Visvasa Palana Song 1. This song is taken from the book Saranagati. Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that there is nothing better than acquiring the lotus feet of Sri Krishna. This lotus feet gives us protection from the material desires of birth and death. Even Laxmidevi went through severe austerities to acquire the lotus feet of Govinda. Even demigods have to under go severe austerities.
ekhona bujhinu prabhu! tomara carana
sakala chadiya tuwa carana-kamale
podiyachi ami natha! tava pada-tale
tava pada-padma nath! rokhibe amare
ar rakha-karta nahi e bhava-samsare
ami tava nitya-dasa-janinu e-bara
amara palana-bhara ekhona tomara
bado duhkha paiyachi swatantra jivane
duhkha dure gelo o pada-varane
je-pada lagiya rama tapasya korila
je-pada paiya siva sivatwa lobhila
je-pada labhiya brahma krtartha hoila
je-pada narada muni hrdoye dhorila
sei se abhoya pada sirete dhoriya
parama-anande naci pada-guna gaiya
samsara-vipada ho’te avasya uddhar
bhakativinoda, o-pada koribe tomar
(1) I know now Your divine feet are a refuge free from all sorrow and fear, eternally full of sweet nectar.
(2) At the soles of those lotus feet I surrender myself and all I possess.
(3) O Lord, there is no other protection but You in this world of birth and death.
(4) At last I know myself to be Your eternal servant, whose maintenance You have assured.
(5) Life before, without You, held nothing but sorrow. Now I live free from all misery
(6) Laksmi, desiring such a place at Your lotus feet, executed austerities. Only after securing a place by Your lotus feet did Lord Siva attain his sivatva, or quality of auspiciousness.
(7) Upon obtaining those feet Lord Brahma became successful in life, and the great sage Narada Muni held those two feet to his heart.
(8) Your lotus feet drive away all fear. Having held them to my head, I dance in great ecstasy, singing their glories.
(9) Your lotus feet will deliver Bhaktivinoda from the perils of worldly journey.