Bhaktivinod Thakur has written this song “Gopinath Ghucao Samsara”. The official name for this song is Gopinath (Part two). This song is taken from the book Kalyana Kalpataru (Section: Upalabdhi Vijnapti Song 2). Bhaktivinoda Thakura says to pray to Shri Shri Krishna to deliver us from these material desires. Our minds are constantly wandering for lust, material pleasures, desires. We no longer intend to acquire this. We want to chant the Hare Krishna mantra and want to be free from the clutches of birth and death. We fools have abandoned Krsna for this material pleasure. We should take shelter at His lotus feet.
gopinath, ghucao samsara jwala
avidya-jatana, aro nahi sahe,
gopinath, ami to’ kamera dasa
vishaya-basana, jagiche hridoye,
phadiche karama phasa
gopinath, kabe va jagibo ami
kama-rupa ari, dure teyagibo,
hridoye sphuribe tumi
gopinath, ami to’ tomara jana
tomare chariya, samsara bhajinu,
gopinath, tumi to’ sakali jano
apanara jane, dandiya ekhano,
sri-carane aeho sthano
gopinath, ei ki vicara taba
bimukha dekhiya, charo nija-jane,
na koro’ karuna-laba
gopinath, ami to murakha ati
kise bhalo hoya, kabhu na bujhinu,
tai heno mama gati
gopinath, tumi to’ pandita-bara
mudhera mangala, tumi anveshibe,
e dase na bhavo’ para
(1) 0 Gopinatha, please remove the torment of worldly existence. I can no longer tolerate the pain of ignorance and the repeated succession of births and deaths.
(2) 0 Gopinatha, indeed I am a servant of lust. Worldly desires are awakening in my heart, and thus the noose of fruitive work is beginning to tighten.
(3) 0 Gopinatha, when will I wake up and abandon afar this enemy of lust, and when will You manifest Yourself in my heart?
(4) 0 Gopinatha, I am Your devotee, but having abandoned You and thus having forgotten my real treasure, I have worshiped this mundane world.
(5) 0 Gopinatha, You know everything. Now, having punished Your servant, please give him a place at Your lotus feet.
(6) 0 Gopinatha, is this Your judgment, that seeing me averse to You, You abandon Your servant and don’t bestow even a particle of mercy upon him?
(7) 0 Gopinatha, I am certainly very foolish, and I have never known what is good for me. Therefore such is my condition.
(8)0 Gopinatha, You are indeed the wisest person. Please look for a way to bring about auspiciousness for this fool, and please do not consider this servant as an outsider.