Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur has written a song ”Bhajane Utsaha Yara Bhitara Bahire”. Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura talks about the six qualities which the devotee should follow in order to satisfy Lord Krishna. With this six qualities he can preach the universe so that everyone can qualify to be a devotee of Govinda.
bhajane utsaha yara bhitare bahire
sudurllabha krsna-bhakti pabe dhire dhire
krsna-bhakti prati yara visvasa niscaya
sraddhavan bhaktiman jana sei haya
krsna-seva na paiya dhira-bhave yei
bhaktira sadhana kare bhaktiman sei
yahate krsnera seva krsnera santosa
sei karme vrati sada na karaye rosa
krsnera abhakta-jana-sanga parihari'
bhaktiman bhakta-sange sada bhaje hari
krsna-bhakta yaha kare tad anusarane
bhaktiman acaraya jivane marane
ei chaya jana haya bhakti adhikari
visvera-mangala kare bhakti paracari
1) "Within, without, he who serves with enthusiasm will gradually attain to the rarest pure devotion.
2) In devotion to Lord Krsna, one who has firm faith is a person loyal and devoted on the path.
3) And if Sri Krsna's service he fails to attain, yet practices with patience – devout is such a man.
4) That which serves Lord Krsna, for only Krsna's pleasure, in such action, the devotee can never feel anger.
5) Abandoning the company of the non-devotee, ever with devotees, the devout serve Sri Hari.
6) Following the pure devotees' direction on the path, the true devout practice, as a matter of life and death.
7) Who follow these six qualities qualify for pure devotion -they purify the universe by their preaching mission."