Bhaktivinod Thakur has written this song “Jaya Jaya Harinama”. The Official Name for this song is Namastakam Song 2. This song is taken from the book Gitavali. Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that Sri Krishna is Himself present in the holy name. He has descended in this world to give the essence of this holy name to all the afflicted souls. Our true relationship is with Govinda only as He is our guide, friend, parent, lover…etc
jaya jaya harinam, cidanandamrta-dham,
nija-jane krpa kori’, nama-rupe avatari’,
jive doya korile apar
jaya `hari’, `krsna’, `ram’, jaga-jana-suvisram,
muni-vrnda nirantar, je namera samadar,
kori’ gay bhoriya vadana
ohe krsna-namaksar, tumi sarva-sakti-dhar,
toma vina bhava-sindhu, uddharite nahi bandhu,
ache tapa jive jata, tumi saba koro hata,
helaya tomare eka-bar
dake jadi kono jan, ho’ye din akincan,
nahi dekhi’ anya pratikar
tava svalpa-sphurti pay, ugra-tapa dure jay,
linga-bhanga hoy anayase
bhakativinoda koy, jaya harinama jay,
pade’ thaki tuwa pada-ase
(1) All glories, all glories to the holy name, the abode of immortal transcendental bliss. The Supreme Absolute Truth, who possesses an eternal form, has descended in the form of the holy name. He shows mercy to His devotees and shows boundless compassion and kindness to all fallen souls.
(2) All glories to the Supreme Personality of Godhead who is called by different names such as Hari, Krsna and Rama. He is the auspicious resting place of all living entities within the universe, and He delights the minds of all souls. Great sages, honoring His holy name, constantly sing that holy name, filling their mouths with the sound.
(3) O eternal holy name of Krishna, You possess all powers and bestow auspiciousness upon the living beings. Without You there is no other friend to deliver us from the ocean of material existence. You have come for the deliverance of all fallen souls.
(4) For all souls within this world there is much misery and sorrow. O Harinam, if someone calls upon You just one time, feeling himself very meek and lowly, possessing nothing and seeing no other remedy for his relief, You then easily destroy all his sorrows.
(5) If one simply obtains a slight reflection or glimmer of You, then all sorts of terrible miseries disappear. Thakura Bhaktivinoda says, “All glories, all glories to the holy name of Lord Hari! O Harinam, I perpetually fall at Your lotus feet.”