Bhaktivinoda Thakur has written this song ”Dara Putra Nijo Deho”. The official name for this song is ”Goptritve Varana Song 2″. This song is taken from the book Saranagati. Bhaktivinoda Saraswati Thakura says that as a householder we constantly think about our family and other social events. We neglect our spiritual activities. Everything happens with the will of Sri Krishna. Hence let Govinda take care of everything. We should only concentrate in our devotional services.
sarvada vyakula ami chinu mane mane
kemone arjibo artha, yasa kise pabo
kanya-putra-vivaha kemone sampadibo
ebe atma-samarpane cinta nahi ar
tumi nirvahibe prabhu, saḿsara tomar
tumi to’ palibe more nija-dasa jani’
tomara sevaya prabhu bodo sukha mani
tomara icchaya prabhu sab karya hoy
jiva bole,—`kori ami’, se to’ satya noy
jiva ki korite pare, tumi na korile?
asa-matra jiva kore, tava iccha-phale
niscinta hoiya ami sevibo tomay
grhe bhalo-manda ho’le nahi mora day
bhakativinoda nija-swatantrya tyajiya
tomara carana seve’ akiscana hoiya
(1) Within my heart I have always been anxious for the maintenance of my wife and children, my own body and relatives.
(2) How will I earn money? How will I obtain fame? How will I arrange the marriages of my sons and daughter?
(3) Now, through self-surrender, I have been purged of all anxiety. O Lord, surely You will provide for the maintenance of Your household.
(4) Surely You will preserve me, knowing me to be Your own servant. O Lord, in Your devotional service I feel great happiness.
(5) All events take place by Your will, O Lord. The deluded soul of this world declares, “I am the doer,” but this is pure folly.
(6) If You do not act first, then what is a tiny soul actually able to do? By Your will he can only desire to act, and unless You fulfill his desire, he cannot do anything.
(7) I will serve You free from all anxiety, and at home, if any good or evil should occur, it will not be my responsibility.
(8) Bhaktivinoda thus gives up his independence and engages in the exclusive service of Your lotus feet with no other interest in life.