Govinda Das Kaviraj has written this song “Gaganahi Nimagana Dinamani Kanti”. This song is taken from the book Padavali. In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj describes how Srimati Radharani goes to meet Lord Krishna in the forest at night inspite of the blinding darkness. Govinda Das Kaviraj respectfully stays far far away from this glorified union.
gaganahi nimagana dinamani kanti
lakha-i na pariye kiye dina rati
aichana jalada kalaya andhiyara
niyadahi ko-i lakha-i nahi para
calu gaja-gamini hari abhisara
gamana nirankusa arati bithara
caudike athira pabana taru dola
jaga bhari sikara-nikara hilola
dhala-ite gori nagara pura-bata
mandire mandire lagala kapata
yaba dhani kunje milala hari pasa
durahi dure rahu gobinda-dasa
(1) The sky's sunlight suddenly plunges into darkness. Is it day or night? I have no power to see.
(2) A great cloud has brought blinding darkness. No one can see even the nearest object.
(3) Walking like a graceful elephant, a beautiful gopi goes to meet Krsna. She is ecstatic with loving feelings in longing to meet with Him.
(4) In the four directions a fickle wind blows the trees back and forth. Waves of drizzling rain fill the worlds.
(5) The fair gopi follows the path to Krsna's abode. She comes to the doors of house after house.
(6) Finally the beautiful fortunate gopi friend meets Krsna in the forest. How glorified Their union is! Govinda dasa respectfully stays far far away.