Govinda Das Kaviraj has written this song “Kanu Katha Suni Gadagada Bhasa”. This song is taken from the book Padavali. In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj describes how the gopis, after hearing Lord Krishna’s broken words in a choked voice, conciliate Sri Radha by portraying Lord Krishna’s condition in the state of separation from Her.
kanu-katha suni gadagada bhasa
milati sahacari ra-ika pasa
kahatahi sahacari suna bara gora
tuya lagi halata nanda-kisora
tuya rupa nirakha-i taru de-i kora
hera-ite galatahi locana-lora
yaba nahi sundara karabi payana
taba ji-u tejaba nagara kana
saha-i na para-i madana-hutasa
camara dhulayata gobinda-dasa
(1) After hearing Krsna speak broken words in a choked voice, the gopis approached Radha.
(2) The gopis said: O beautiful fair girl, please listen. Nanda's son trembles with love for You.
(3) Thinking it is Your beautiful form, He embraces a tree. Tears stream from His eyes.
(4) If You do not go to Him, the hero Krsna will give up His life.
(5) He has no power to bear Kamadeva's flames that now surround Him. As these words are spoken, Govinda dasa moves the camara-whisk.