Bhaktivinod Thakur has written this song ” Amar Saman Hina Nahi E Samsare”. The Official Name for this song is Ucchvasa: Prarthana Dainyamayi Song 5. This song is taken from the book Kalyana Kalpataru. Bhaktivinoda Thakura has mentioned the great Goswami’s in this song. By their association one can achieve Sri Krishna and also constant association with pure vaishnavas can help us control our senses.
visaya-basana rupa citter bikar
amar hrdoye bhoga ka're anibar
je kota jatana ami korilam hay
na gelo bikar, bujhi sese prana jay
e ghor bikar more korilo asthira
santi na pailo sthan, antara adhira
sri rupa goswami more krpa bitariya
uddharibe kabe jukta-bairagya arpiya
kabe sanatana more chadaye bisoy
nityanande samarpibe haiya sadoy
sri jiba goswami kabe siddhanta-salile
nivaibe tarkanala, citta jahe jwale
sri-caitanya-nama sune udibe pulaka
radha-krsnamrta-pane haibo asoka
kangaler sukangal durjana e jana
baisnaba-caransroy jace akincana
(1) The delusion rooted deep into my heart has taken the shape of desires for sense gratification. Thus in my heart I am constantly trying to enjoy.
(2) Alas! How much endeavor have I made for such enjoyment? My delusions have not gone away, and I understand that now in the end my life is departing.
(3) This ghastly delusion has made me extremely restless. I have not achieved any peace, and I am most disturbed at heart.
(4) When will Srila Rupa Gosvami bestow his mercy upon me? When will he deliver me by bestowing upon me yukta vairagya? (The science of renunciation which dovetails all favorable things in devotional service.)
(5) When will Srila Sanatana Gosvami cause me to give up this materialistic sense gratification? Being gracious to me, he will offer me in devotion to Lord Nityananda Prabhu.
(6) When will Srila Jiva Gosvami pour the waters of his strong conclusive truths and thereby extinguish the fire of false arguments that burns my heart?
(7) My jubilation will arise when I hear the chanting of the holy name of Sri Krsna Caitanya, and by drinking the nectar of Radha-Krsna I will become free from all of my lamentations.
(8) This rogue is not only wicked amongst the wicked, but is the most wretched amongst the wretched. Therefore he now begs for the shelter of the lotus feet of all the Vaisnavas.