1) May Govardhana Hill, which for seven days became an umbrella shading Lord Krsna's arm decorated with the luster of His dark shoulder, and which protected the people ofGokula, their hearts wilting because of the torrential rains, always delight us all.
2) When Indra frightened him, Parvati's elder brother, Mount Mainaka, remembering the strength of family ties, hurriedly took shelter of the ocean. Powerful Govardhana Hill, however, was able to easily remove Indra's stubborn pride. I pray Govardhana Hill may always delight us all.
3) Lord Krsna manifested a mountainlike form, clearly proclaimed, "I am the great mountain," and, His eyes wide with pleasure, ate the feast the cowherd men had offered toGovardhana Hill. May auspicious Govardhana Hill always delight us all.
4) The great worship Lord Krsna created for Govardhana Hill at the beginning of Karttika is splendidly manifested even today. Govardhana Hill is wealthy with the pastimes of the surabhi cows and buffaloes, and it nourishes them with its excellent grass. I pray that Govardhana Hill may always delight us all.
5) Stealing the precious jewel of the fragrance of the lotuses growing in Radha's favorite lake, the frightened breezes blowing on Govardhana Hill silently flee, although they are pursued by drops of water who are watchmen guarding the lake. I pray that Govardhana Hill may always delight us all.
6) The celestial Manasa-ganga River, which, with the Lord's dana-keli and boating pastimes reveals the gopis' pure love for Lord Krsna, washes the stones of Govardhana Hill with its pure waves. I pray that Govardhana Hill may always delight us all.
7) The toll-station on Govardhana Hill is dark with the splendor of many black bees. The all-powerful king who guards that toll-station did not take any butter from the doe-eyed girls of Vraja when they resisted Him. I pray that Govardhana Hill may always delight us all.
8) Govardhana Hill is very beautiful with Srimati Radharani's arrogant words in the lover's quarrel and with forest groves filled with wilted lotus earrings, rejected peacock-feather crowns, and Vaijayanti garlands on beds. I pray that Govardhana Hill may always delight us all.
9) May a person who with faith, attention, and a pure and cheerful heart, reads these eight verses glorifying Govardhana Hill, reside by that king of mountains and find there intense, pure love for the red lotus feet of the lifter of Govardhana Hill.