Vrindavan Das Thakur
has written this song “Jivera Bhagye Avani Aila Gaurahari”
. In this song, Vrindavan Das Thakur
describes the world-enchanting beauty of Lord Caitanya
, seeing which Vrindavan Das Thakur
has been deeply immersed in rapturous delight.
jivera bhagye abani bihare doya bha-i
bhuvana-mohana goracanda nita-i
kali-yuge jiba yata chila acetana
hari-namamrta diya karila cetana
hena avatara bha-i kabhu suni na-i
pataki uddhara kaila ghare ghare ya-i
hena avatara bha-i na-i kona yuge
kona avatare se papira papa mage
rudhira padila ange kha-iya prahara
yaci prema diya tare karila uddhara
nama-prema-sudhate bharila tri-bhuvana
ekala bancita bela e dasa locana
(1) To the great fortune of the people, Gaura hari to world has come, revealing his world-enchanting beauty like an idol made of gold.
(2) With the nectar-tonic of Hari’s names he has revived, the sleeping souls of the turbid kali age.
(3) The most excellent and illustrious lord, in the company of Nityananda, the preceptor Advaita and Gadadhara, shines resplendant in the midst of his devoted train.
(4) The khol and the karatalas and booming mandiras resound, and Gora, in his ecstatic trance cries, “Hari bol!” to all.
(5) With arms uplifted dances the lord, son of Saci, and so dances Ramai sundara and Raghunandana too!
(6) Srinivas and Haridas and the scholar Vakresvara, and Dvija Hari das dances and the scholar Sankara.
(7) Hail, all hail and yet again all hail; the world is filled with exultant cries of triumph, and Vrindavan Das becomes deeply immersed in rapturous delight.