Narottam Das Thakur
has written this song “Yugala Carana Priti”.
This song is taken from the book Prema Bhakti Candrika
. In this song, Narottam Das Thakur
expresses his desire to engage in the devotional service of Lord Krsn
a and Srimati Radharani
, while they perform their transcendental pastimes.
yugala carane priti, parama ananda tathi,
rati prema-maya parabandhe
krsna nama radha-nama, upaya koro rasa dhama,
carane podiya paranande
manera smarana prana, madhura madhura dhama,
yugala vilasa smrti sara
sadhya sadhana ei, iha boi ara nai,
ei tattva sarva tattva sara
jalada sundara kańti, madhura madhura bhati,
vaidagadhi avadhi suvesa
pita vasana dhara, abharana manivara,
mayura candrika karu kesa
mrgamada candana, kuńkuma vilepana,
mohana murati tiribhańga
navina kusumavali, sri ańge sobhaye bhali,
madhu lobhe phire matta bhrńga
isat madhura smita, vaidagadhi lilamrta,
lubadhalo vraja vadhu vrnda
carana kamala para, manimaya nupura,
nakha mani yeno bala candra
nupura marala dhvani, kula-vadhu maralini
suniya rahite nare ghare
hrdaye badaya rati, yeno mile pati sati,
kulera dharama gelo dure
jara dhwani bhubana mataya
srabane patha diya hrdaye prabesa hana
prana adi akarsi anaya
govinda sarira satya, tahara sevaka nitya,
vrndavana bhumi tejomaya
tribhuvane sobha sara, heno sthana nahi ara,
yahara smarane prema hoy
sitala kirana kora, kalpataru gunadhara
taru lata chaya rtu seva
govinda anandamaya, nikate vanita-caya
madhura vihara ati sobha
gobinda anandadamaya nikate banita-caya
bihare madhura ati sobha
dunhu prema dagamagi dunhu donha anuragi
dunhu rupa dunhu manolobha
vrajapura vanitara, carana asraya sara,
koro mana ekanta koriya
anya bola gandagola, na sunaho uttarola,
rakho prema hrdaya bhariya
krsna prabhu eka-bara karibena angikara
jena mana e satya bacana
dhanya lila brndabana radha-krsna-sri-carana
dhanya sakhi manjirira gana
papa punyamaya deha, sakalei anitya eha,
dhana jana saba micha dhanda
marile yaibe kotha, ihate na pao vyatha,
tabu niti koro karya manda
rajara ye rajya pata, yeno natuyara nata,
dekhite dekhite kichu noy
heno maya kore yei, parama isvara sei,
tare mana! sada koro bhaya
papa na koriho mana, adhama se papi jana,
tare mui dure parihari
punya ye sukhera dhama, tara na loiho nama,
punya mukti dui tyaga kori
prema bhakti sudhanidhi, tahe dubo niravadhi,
ara yoto ksara-nidhi praya
nirantara sukha pabe, sakala santapa yabe,
para tattva kohinu upaya
anyera parasa yeno, nahe kadacit heno,
ihate hoibo sabadhana
radha-krsna nama gana, ei se parama dhyana,
ara na koriho paramana
karmi jsani micha bhakta, na hobe tate anurakta,
visuddha bhajana koro mana
vraja janera yei rita, tahate dubao cita,
ei se parama tattva dhana
prarthana koribo sada, suddha bhave prema katha,
nama mantre koriya abheda
naisthika koriya mana, bhajo rańga sri carana,
papa granthi hobe pariccheda
radha krsna sevana, ekanta koriya mana,
carana kamala boli yao
dońhara nama guna suni, bhakta mukhe puni puni,
parama ananda sukha pau
hema gauri tanu rai, ańkhi darasana cai,
rodana koribo abhilasa
jaladhara dhara dhara, ańga ati manohara,
rupe bhuvana parakasa
sakhi-gana cari pase, seva kori abhilase,
se seva parama sukha dhare
ei mana tanu mora, ei rase sada bhora,
narottama sadai vihare
(1) Love for the lotus feet of the Divine Couple is the resting place of transcendental bliss. Radha and Krsna's holy names are the reservoir of transcendental sweetness. I happily fall down to offer my respectful obeisances to Radha and Krsna's lotus feet.
(2) The Divine Couple's sweet, sweet holy name is life of the mind's memory. Their pastimes are the best remembering. Remembering Them is both the goal and the way to attain it. That is the truth of all truths. This book is not the only place that it is said.
(3) Sri Krsna is splendid like a monsoon cloud, very sweet and charming, expert, gracefully dressed in yellow garments, decorated with jewel ornament, and crowned with a peacock feather placed in His hair.
(4) He is decorated with musk, sandal paste, kunkuma, and other fragrances. His three-fold bending form is sweet and charming. His transcendental body is decorated with garlands of flowers so fresh they draw swarms of maddened bumblebees eager for honey.
(5) His gentle smile is sweet. He is expert at tasting the nectar of transcendental pastimes. He is surrounded by the amorous girls of Vraja. His lotus feet are decorated with jewel anklets. His toenails eclipse the glory of the crescent moon.
(6) When they hear the warbling of the male swan that is Krsna's anklets, the female swan gopis can no longer remain peacefully in their homes. Love for Him growing in their hearts, they run, leaving their household duties far behind, to meet Him, their lover.
(7) The music of the straight flute placed to Krsna's lips enchants the world. Entering first the ear and then the heart, that music attracts all living beings.
(8) Devotional service to Lord Govinda is eternal. They who serve Him are His servants eternally. The land of Vrndavana is glorious. There the Yamuna's water glitters eternally. Eight forests are on the Yamuna's shore.
(9) Vrndavana is splendid with cooling moonlight and glorious with kalpa-vrksa trees and kalpa-lata vines blossoming in all six seasons. Full of transcendental bliss and glorious as the full moon, it makes everyone eager to see its blissful form.
(10) Surrounded by the gopis and very handsome and charming. Lord Govinda is full of transcendental bliss. The Divine Couple is beautiful, charming and overcome with passionate love.
(11) O mind, take shelter of the lotus feet of the Vrajagopis. Don't listen to the useless din of the materialists' words. Fill my heart with pure love for the Divine Couple.
(12) O mind, just this one time accept Lord Krsna as your supreme master. I tell you the truth. Sri Sri Radha and Krsna's lotus feet are supremely glorious, Their pastimes are glorious, Their land of Vrajapura is glorious, and their friends, the sakhi-gopis and manjari-gopis are glorious.
(13) This material body, which one attains because of his previous pious and impious deeds is temporary and the foolish attempt by all conditioned souls to accumulate more and more wealth is a clever trick of the illusory potency maya. When the material body dies, what will happen to all the carefully collected wealth? Where will it go? O mind, don't work day and night with a great struggle simply to collect money. You are so foolish that you constantly work for such a fleeting goal.
(14) A monarch's kingdom is just like the dramatic performance of an actor: although one sees them, they are never actually real, but only a pretence arranged by the illusory energymaya. O mind, don't pay attention to these false material things. Fix your mind always on the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Fear His displeasure. Don't be concerned with other things.
(15) O mind, don't sin. Stay far away from sinful persons. Don't work to attain material piety, the resting place of material happiness. Don't strive for the false liberation imagined by theimpersonalists.
(16) Dive into the shoreless nectar ocean of pure love for Krsna, larger than the largest salt-water ocean. If one swims in that nectar ocean of live for Krsna, Lord Krsna will make all his sufferings disappear, and he will attain endless transcendental bliss.
(17) Take great care only to serve the Divine Couple, and don't let any other activity touch you. Know that the chanting of the holy names of Sri Sri Radha and Krsna is the supreme spiritual meditation. Please don't try to raise any objections to this, or try to present evidence confirming any other view.
(18) O mind, please engage in pure devotional service, which cannot be followed by the fruitive workers, speculative philosophers, or pseudo-devotees. Just accept that the opinion of the exalted devotees in Vraja is the perfect explanation of the Absolute Truth.
(19) I shall continually offer prayers to the Divine Couple, and I shall describe the pure love of the Lord and His devotees. With my words I shall prove that the Supreme Lord is not different from the chanting of His holy names. O mind, have firm faith in Lord Krsna, and worship the reddish soles of His lotus feet. Do this, and the karmic results of your past sins will be smashed.
(20) O mind, please place in my heart Sri Sri Radha Krsna's lotus feet, which are my only treasure. Again and again hear the holy names of the Divine Couple from the mouths of the devotees, and in this way attain transcendental bliss.
(21) Srimati Radharani's transcendental form has the splendour of gold. Weeping, I pray to attain the glance of Her lotus eyes. Sri Krsna's handsome form is splendid as a monsoon cloud. From it the entire material cosmos is manifested.
(22) I yearn to engage in devotional service with the gopis at my four sides. That service is my great happiness. Again and again Narottama says: This is the desire in my heart.