Govinda Das Kaviraj
has written this song “Dhala Dhala Kanca Angera Labhani”.
This song is taken from the book Padavali.
In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj
describes Srimati Radha’s
agitated state after seeing the extremely beautiful and handsome boy – Lord Krishna
ḍhala ḍhala kāñcā ańgera lābaṇī
abanī bahiyā yāya
madana mūrachā pāya
kibā se nāgaraki khene dekhinu
dhairaya rahala dūre
nirabadhi mora cita beyākula
kena bā sadā-i jhure
hāsiyā hāsityāańga dolā-iyā
nāciyā nāciyā yāya
nayāna katākṣe biṣama biśikhe
parāṇa bindhita dhāya
mālatī phuleramālāṭi gale
hiyāra mājhare dole
uḍiyā paḍiyāmātala bhramara
ghuriyā ghuriyā bule
kapāle candanaphoṭāra chaṭā
lāgila hiyāra mājhe
nā jāni ki byādhimarame bādhala
nā kahi lokera lāje
emana kaṭhinanārīra parāṇa
bāhira nāhika haya
nā jāni ki jāni haye parimāṇa
dāsa gobinde kaya
(1) His glorious youthful handsomeness was beyond anything in this world. The splashing waves of his gentle smile would make even Kamadeva faint in bliss.
(2) Who was that handsome boy? What happened to me when I saw Him? My peaceful composure fled far away. Now my heart is always agitated. Why do I always weep?
(3) Smiling and smiling, and His limbs swaying to and fro, He danced and danced as He walked. From the corner of His eye He shot a fearsome sharp arrow, an arrow that pierced my life’s breath.
(4) Hanging from His neck, a jasmine garland swayed to and fro on His chest. Rising and falling, intoxicated black bees flew around and around its flowers.
(5) Sandal-paste tilaka glistened on His forehead and chest. Why am I now so agitated? I do not know. My heart is wounded. Afraid of the people’s gossip, I do not tell anyone.
(6) The women and girls all have hard hearts. That is why I do not even go outside. Govinda dasa says: Who knows why this girl has become so changed? I do not know.