Govinda Das Kaviraj
has written this song “Dekha Radha Madhava Meli”.
This song is taken from the book Padavali.
In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj
describes beauty of Srimati Radha
and Sri Krishna
, who are Kamadeva’s nectar pastimes personified. Seeing them, Govinda Das Kaviraj
is filled with wonder.
dekha rādhā-mādhava meli
mūrati madana rasa-keli
o naba jaladhara ańga
iha thira bijurī-tarańga
o bara marakata ṭhāma
iha kāñcana daśabāṇa
o matta madhukara-rāja
iha nava padiminī sāja
o nava taruṇa tamāla
iha hema yūthī rasāla
aruṇa niyaḍe puna canda
govinda-dāsa rahu dhandha
(1) Look! Radha and Krsna meet. They are Kamadeva’s nectar pastimes personified.
(2) His form is a dark monsoon cloud. She is waves of lightning.
(3) He is an abode of sapphires. She is the purest gold.
(4) He is the king of wild black bees. She is a lake of new lotus flowers.
(5) He is a young tamala tree. She is a sweet golden-jasmine vine.
(6) They are glorious like the sun and moon rising together. Gazing at Them, Govinda dasa is filled with wonder.