has written this song “Madhava Parihara Me Patam”.
The official name of this song is Volume 6 Song 18.
This song is taken from the book Stavamala
. In this song, Rupa Goswami
describes the conversation between Sri Radha
and Sri Madhava
, wherein She requests Him to stop troubling her and let her go.
mādhava parihara me paṭam etam
yāmi javena niketam
śuddha-satī-vrata-vittā aham atinirmala-cittā
prathayasi sujana-vimuktaḿ narmedaḿ kim ayuktam
yadi jānāmy adhitīraḿ tvām atigūḍha-śarīram
dūre sūra-sutāyāḿ sāyaḿ katham upayāyām
vidadhe bhavad avanāmaḿ caritaḿ parihara vāmam
vartma sanātanam ucitaḿ pālaya dhārmika-rucitam
Refrain: Madhava, let go of my garments! I am going home at once!
(1) I am famous for my vow of chastity. My heart is pure.
(2) Why do You speak these immoral jokes the pious never say?
(3) If I had known You would be hiding here on the shore
(4) Then how could I have come so far along the Yamuna at sunset?
(5) I bow down before You. Please give up these immoral acts!
(6) Please follow the eternal path that pleases the pious.