Govinda Das Kaviraj has written this song “Kancana Yuthi Kusuma Lai Gori”. This song is taken from the book Padavali. In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj describes how the gopis pacify Srimati Radharani by portraying Lord Krishna’s sorrow due to separation from Her.
kancana-yuthi kusuma la-i gori
nirama-i murati yatana kari tori
tuya anubhabe alinga-i taya
so tanu tape bhasama bha-i yaya
suna suna o brsabha;nu-kumari
tuya birahanale jwalata murari
jhamara nila-utpala-dala anga
lore na heraye nayana-taranga
bigati murali phurali rahu dura
anukhana madana dahana paripura
bicharala pincha mukuta paripati
sahacare meli marata ji-u kati
ji-u rahata aba tuya rasa ase
tohari carane kahe gobinda-dase
(1) O beautiful fair girl, taking a golden yuthi flower, He carefully made a Deity of You.
(2) Filled with love for You, He embraced that Deity, but the heat of His body turned that Deity into ashes.
(3) Listen. Listen, O daughter of King Vrsabhanu. Krsna burns in many flames of separation from You.
(4) His body graceful like blue lotus petals is overcome. His eyes now flooded with waves of tears, He cannot see.
(5) He threw His flute far away. Moment after moment He drowns in the flames of Kamadeva's fire.
(6) He forgets His peacock-feather crown. His friends gather around Him. Soon His life with be cut and He will die.
(7) Before Your feet Govinda dasa says: The hope that again He will enjoy nectar pastimes with You is all that keeps Sri Krsna alive.