Bhaktivinod Thakur has written a song “Gopinath Amar Upaya” and the Official Name for this song is Gopinath (Part three). This song is taken from the book Kalyana Kalpataru (Section: Upalabdhi Vijnapti Song 3). Bhaktivinoda Thakura has prayed to Govind Hare to control his senses. He is praying to Shri Krsna that his mind gets very agitated due to the effects of maya. Different kinds of emotions sweep his mind so have mercy and understand his pleadings. Please deliver him and take him to your abode back to godhead.
gopinath, amara upaya nai
tumi kripa kori’, amare loile,
samsare uddhara pai
gopinath, porechi mayara phere
dhana, dara, suta, ghireche amare,
kamete rekheche jeer
gopinath, mana je pagala mora
na mane sasana, sada acetana,
vishaye ro ’yeche ghora
gopinath, hara je menechi ami
aneka jatana, hoilo bifala,
ekhano bharasa tumi
gopinath, kemone hoibe gati
prabala indriya, bosi-bhuta mana,
na chare vishaya-rati
gopinath, hridoye bosiya mora
manake samiya, laho nija pane,
ghucibe vipada ghora
gopinath, anatha dekhiya more
tumi hrishikesa, hrishika damiya,
taro ’he samsriti-ghore
gopinath, galaya legeche phasa
kripa-asi dhori’, bandhana chediya,
vinode koroho dasa
(1) 0 Gopinatha, I have no means of success, but if You take me, having bestowed Your mercy upon me, then will obtain deliverance from this world.
(2) 0 Gopinatha, I have fallen into the perils of material illusion. Wealth, wife, and sons have surrounded me, and lust has wasted me away.
(3) 0 Gopinatha, my mind is crazy and does not care for any authority. It is always senseless and has remained in the dark pit of worldly affairs.
(4) 0 Gopinatha, I have accepted my defeat. All of my various endeavors were useless. Now You are the only hope.
(5) 0 Gopinatha, how shall I make any advancement when my mind has come under the control of the powerful senses and does not abandon its attachment to materialism?
(6) 0 Gopinatha, after sitting down in the core of my heart and subduing my mind, please take me to You. In this way the horrible dangers of this world will disappear.
(7) 0 Gopinatha, You are Hrishikesa, the Lord of the senses. Seeing me so helpless, please control these senses of mine and deliver me from this dark and perilous worldly existence.
(8) 0 Gopinatha, the noose of materialism has become fixed around my neck. Taking up the sword of Your mercy and cutting this bondage, make this Bhaktivinoda Your humble servant.