Bhaktivinoda Thakur has written this song “Krsna Nama Dhare Koto Bal”. The official Name for this song is Sri Nama Mahatmya Song 1. This song is taken from the book Saranagati. This song speaks about the importance of the Hare Krishna mantra. When one takes the holy names , Krishna dances on the tip of the tongue. The mahamantra has all the ecstatic features and can fulfill all your purest spiritual desires.
krsna-nama dhare koto bal
visaya-vasananale, mora citta sada jwale,
karna-randhra-patha diya, hrdi majhe pravesiya,
varisoya sudha anupam
hrdoya hoite bole, jihvara agrete cale,
sabda-rupe nace anuksan
kanthe mora bhańge swara, ańga kańpe thara thara,
sthira hoite na pare caran
cakse dhara, dehe gharma, pulakita saba carma,
vivarna hoilo kalevara
murchita hoilo man, pralayera agaman,
bhave sarva-deha jara jara
kori’ eto upadrava, citte varse sudha-drava,
more dare premera sagare
kichu na bujhite dilo, more to’ batula koilo,
mora citta-vitta saba hare
loinu asroya ja’r, heno vyavahara ta’r,
varnite na pari e sakal
krsna-nama iccha-moy, jahe jahe sukhi hoy,
sei mora sukhera sambal
premera kalika nam, adbhuta rasera dham,
heno bala karaye prakas
isat vikasi’ punah, dekhay nija-rupa-guna,
citta hari’ loya krsna-pas
purna vikasita hoiya, braje more jaya loiya,
dekhay more swarupa-vilas
more siddha-deha diya, krsna-pase rakhe giya,
e dehera kore sarva-nas
krsna-nama-cintamani, akhila rasera khani,
namera balai jata, saba lo’ye hoi hata,
tabe mora sukhera udoy
(1) How much power does the name of Krsna possess? My heart constantly burns in the fire of worldly desires, like a desert scorched by the sun. The holy name, entering within my heart through the holes of my ears, showers unparalleled nectar upon my soul.
(2) The holy name speaks from within my heart, moves on the tip of my tongue, and constantly dances on it in the form of transcendental sound.
My throat becomes choked up, my body violently trembles, and my feet move uncontrollably.
(3) Rivers of tears flow from my eyes. Perspiration pours from my body. My body thrills with rapture, causing my hair to stand on end and my skin to turn pale and discolored. My mind grows faint, and I begin to experience devastation. My entire body is shattered in a flood of ecstasies.
(4) While causing such an ecstatic disturbance, the holy name showers liquid nectar on my heart and drowns me in the ocean of divine love of Godhead. He does not allow me to understand anything; For He has made me truly mad and has stolen away my heart and all my wealth.
(5) Such is the behavior of Him who is now my only shelter. I am not capable of describing all this. The holy name of Krsna is independent and thus acts at His own sweet will. In Whatever way He becomes happy, that is also my way of happiness.
(6) The holy name is the bud of the flower of divine love, the abode of devotion’s wonderful mellows. Such is the power that He manifests, that although He displays His power only slightly, He reveals His own divine form and qualities, steals my heart and takes it to Krsna.
(7) Being fully manifest, the holy name of takes me to Vraja and reveals to me His own love dalliance. He gives to me my own divine, eternal body, keeps me near Krsna and completely destroys this mortal frame of mine.
(8) The name of Krsna is touchstone, a mine of all devotional mellows, eternally liberated, and the embodiment of pure rasa. When all impediments to the pure chanting of the holy name are taken away and destroyed, then my happiness will know its true awakening