has written this song “Gopinath Mama Nivedana Suno”.
The official name for this song is Gopinath (Part one)
. This song is taken from the book Kalyana Kalpataru (Section: Upalabdhi Vijnapti Song 1)
. Bhaktivinoda Thakura
says that we are all sinners at the Lotus feet of Sri Krishna
and due to this we have no good qualities in us. We are puppets and have no control over this body. We have no transcendental knowledge. Hence we should bow down at Govinda
for His causeless mercy to deliver us from this sinful material land. He enacts different pastimes to help the fallen souls.
gopīnāth, mama nivedana śuno
viṣayī durjana, sadā kāma-rata,
kichu nāhi mora guṇa
gopīnāth, āmāra bharasā tumi
tomāra caraṇe, loinu śaraṇa,
tomāra kińkora āmi
gopīnāth, kemone śodhibe more
nā jāni bhakati, karme jaḍa-mati,
gopīnāth, sakali tomāra māyā
nāhi mama bala, jñāna sunirmala,
swādīna nahe e kāyā
gopīnāth, niyata caraṇe sthāna
māge e pāmara, kāndiyā kāndiyā,
korohe karuṇā dāna
gopīnāth, tumi to’ sakali pāro
durjane tārite, tomāra śakati,
ke āche pāpīra āro
gopīnāth, tumi kṛpā-pārābāra
jīvera kāraṇe, āsiyā prapañce,
līlā koile subistāra
gopīnāth, āmi ki doṣe doṣī
asura sakala, pāilo caraṇa,
vinodá thākilo bosi’
(1) 0 Gopinatha, Lord of the gopis, please hear my request. I am a wicked materialist, always addicted to worldly desires, and no good qualities do I possess.
(2) 0 Gopinatha, You are my only hope, and therefore I have taken shelter at Your lotus feet. I am now Your eternal servant.
(3) 0 Gopinatha, how will You purify me? I do not know what devotion is, and my materialistic mind is absorbed in fruitive work. I have fallen into this dark and perilous worldly existence.
(4) 0 Gopinatha, everything here is Your illusory energy. I have no strength or transcendental knowledge, and this body of mine is not independent and free from the control of material nature.
(5) 0 Gopinatha, this sinner, who is weeping and weeping, begs for an eternal place at Your divine feet. Please give him Your mercy.
(6) 0 Gopinatha, You are able to do anything, and therefore You have the power to deliver all sinners. Who is there that is more of a sinner than myself?
(7) 0 Gopinatha, You are the ocean of mercy. Having come into this phenomenal world, You expand Your divine pastimes for the sake of the fallen souls.
(8) 0 Gopinatha, I am so sinful that although all the demons attained Your lotus feet, Bhaktivinoda has remained in worldly existence.
Gopinatha Part-1 – Sung by HG Achyutananda Prabhu
Gopinatha Part-1 – Sung by HG Shikshashtakam Prabhu
Gopinatha Part-1 – Sung by HG Sivarama Prabhu
Gopinatha Part-1 – Sung by HG Vaiyasaki Prabhu
Gopinatha Part-1 – Sung by HH Radhanath Swami
Gopinatha Part-1 – Sung by HH Suhotra Swami
Gopinatha Part-1 – Sung by HH Vishnu Jana Swami