Bhaktivinod Thakur has written a song “Narada muni ,bajay vina “. This song is taken from the book Gitavali (Section: Namastakam Song 8). Narada Muni is a divine sage who plays a prominent role in a number of the Puranic texts, especially in the Bhagwatam. Narad Muni always sings glories of Lord Krishna. His vina constantly calls the names of Sri Radhey and Sri Krishna. The holy names are so nectarios that people emote different feelings. The Hari Krishna mantra if taken faithfully and enthusiastically vibrates in your tongue and you feel the ecstasy. Even the demigods get maddened with the vibrations of the holy names.
narada muni, bajay vina
nama amani, udita haya,
amiya-dhara, barishe ghana,
bhakata jana, saghane nace,
bhoriya apana hiya
madhuri-pura, asava pasi’,
keho va kande, keho va nace,
keho mate mane mane
panca-vadana, narade dhori’,
premera saghana rol
kamalasana, naciya bole,
‘bolo bolo hari bolo’
‘hari hari’ boli’ gaya
nama-prabhave, matilo visva,
nama-rasa sabe paya
sri-krishna-nama, rasane sphuri’,
pura’lo amar asa
sri-rupa-pade, yacaye iha,
(1) When the great soul Narada Muni plays his stringed vina, the holy name of Radhika-ramana descends and immediately appears amidst the kirtana of the Lord’s devotees.
(2) Like a monsoon cloud, the holy name showers pure nectar into their ears. Due to great ecstasy, all the devotees enthusiastically dance to their heart’s content.
(3) All the inhabitants of the universe become maddened upon entering these intoxicating showers of divine sweetness. Some people cry, some dance, and others become fully intoxicated within their minds.
(4) Five-faced Lord Siva embraces Narada Muni and repeatedly shouts in ecstasy, while Lord Brahma dances very ecstatically and exclaims, “All of you chant ‘Haribol! Haribol!"
(5) In supreme happiness, thousand-faced Ananta Sesha sings and calls out, “Hari! Hari!” By the influence of the transcendental vibration of the holy name, the whole universe becomes mad with ecstasy as everyone relishes the mellows of the holy name.
(6) The holy name of Sri Krishna has fulfilled all my desires by thus manifesting on everyone’s tongue. Bhakativinoda, the humble servant of the Lord, therefore prays at the feet of Sri Rupa Goswami that the chanting of harinama may always continue in this way.
By His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
This is a song sung by Bhaktivinoda Thakura. The purport of this song is that the great soul Narada Muni is playing on his stringed instrument, called the vina, and vibrating Radhika-ramana, one of Krishna’s names. So, as soon as he plucks the strings and chants, all the devotees immediately respond to him, and it becomes a very beautiful vibration. Amiya-dhara, barishe ghana. As the singing goes on with the stringed instrument, it appears that there is a shower of nectar, and all the devotees then dance in ecstasy to the fullest extent of their satisfaction. Then, as they dance, it appears that they become intoxicated by drinking the beverage called madhuri pura. And as one becomes almost mad by drinking, similarly, all the devotees became mad in ecstasy. And some of them are crying, and some of them are dancing, and some of them, although they cannot dance publicly, are dancing within their hearts. Then Lord Siva embraces Narada Muni and begins to dance and cry out in ecstasy, and when Lord Brahma sees Lord Siva dancing with Narada Muni, he joins in and says, “All of you kindly chant ‘Haribol! Haribol!’” Then gradually the king of heaven, Indra, also joins in with great satisfaction and begins to dance and to chant “Hari hari bol!” In this way, by the influence of the transcendental vibration of the holy name of God, the whole universe becomes ecstatic, and Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, “When the whole universe becomes ecstatic in this way, my desires are satisfied, and I therefore pray unto the lotus feet of Rupa Gosvami that the chanting of harinama may go on nicely like this.”
Narada Muni Bajaye Vina – Sung by HG Agnidev Prabhu
Narada Muni Bajaye Vina – Sung by HG Jai Sachinanadana Prabhu
Narada Muni Bajaye Vina – Sung by HG Sivarama Prabhu
Narada Muni Bajaye Vina – Sung by HG Vaisesika Prabhu
Narada Muni Bajaye Vina – Watch Videos