Bhaktivinod Thakur has written this song “Pita Varana Kali Pavana”. The Official Name for this song is Siksastakam Song 1. This song is taken from the book Gitavali. Bhaktivinoda Thakura tells us the importance of chanting Hare Krishna Mantra. The effect of the Mantra is so much that it can cure and heal anyone. It can help us from the repeated birth and death cycle and it can get us closer to Krsna.
pita-varana kali-pavana gora
gaoyai aichana bhava-vibhora
krsna-kirtana jaya citta bihari
krsna-kirtana jaya klesa-nivrtti
krsna-kirtana jaya bhakti-vilas
krsna-kirtana jaya siddha-swarup
krsna-kirtana jaya plavana-murti
pade pade piyusa-swada-pradata
krsna-kirtana jaya prema-vidhata
krsna-kirtana jaya prema-nidan
(1) Lord Gauranga, whose complexion is golden and who is the deliverer of the fallen souls of Kali-yuga, sings as follows, overwhelmed with spiritual ecstasy:
(2) "All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It thoroughly cleanses the mirror of the heart. This chanting delights the soul.
(3) "All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It extinguishes the horrible forest fire of material existence. This chanting removes all material tribulations.
(4) "All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It appears like the moon in the heart and distributes its cooling moonlight, thus causing the white lotus of good fortune to bloom. This chanting is the pastime of devotion.
(5) "All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It is compared to a young bride, chaste and devoted to transcendental knowledge itself. This chanting is the highest perfection of life.
(6) "All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It is glorious, as it causes the ocean of ecstatic bliss to swell and overflow. This chanting is an inundation of love of Godhead.
(7) "All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It gives one a taste of fully satisfying nectar at every step. This chanting is the bestower of ecstatic love of God."
(8) All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It bathes the soul of Bhaktivinoda. This chanting is a storehouse of love of God.