Bhaktivinod Thakur has written this song “Sri Tunhu Doya Sagara”. The Official Name for this song is Siksastakam Song 2. This song is taken from the book Gitavali. Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that Sri Krishna is so merciful He has given the essence of Hare Krishna Mantra to all without any conditions. Yet we all are so unfortunate we do not value His unbound mercy. Sri Govinda Hare wants to deliver us but we fools want to enjoy materialistic benefits. Krishna is very forgiving so please have faith in this mantra and chant with devotion.
tuńhu doya-sagara tarayite prani
nam aneka tuwa sikhaoli ani’
sakala sakati dei name tohara
grahane rakholi nahi kala-vicara
sri-na;ma-cintamani tohari samana
visve bilaoli karuna-nidana
tuwa doya aichana parama udara
atisoy manda natha! bhaga hamara
nahi janamalo name anuraga mor
bhakativinoda-citta duhkhe vibhor
(1) O Lord, You are an ocean of mercy. You have brought Your innumerable holy names to this world and have taught the chanting of them to the fallen living beings just for their deliverance.
(2) You invest all Your energies in Your own holy name, and for chanting Your holy name You have not established any rules such as consideration of time or place.
(3) Your divine holy name, being nondifferent from You, is like touchstone. You have distributed Your holy name throughout the entire creation, and that is the essence of Your kindness.
(4) Such is Your mercy, which is supremely magnanimous, O Lord, but I am extremely unfortunate.
(5) My attraction for the holy name has never come about; therefore the heart of Bhaktivinoda is overwhelmed with sadness.