Bhaktivinoda Thakur has written this song “Ami To Swananda”. The official Name for this song is “Bhakti-pratikula-bhava Varjanangikara Song 4”. This song is taken from the book Saranagati. Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that there are many people who oppose Radha Krsna. We should not give any importance to them. We should approach Sri Sri Radha to attain Sri Krsna. A pure devotee is one who finds pleasure in seeing Sri Radhey and Shri Krishna together. We should stay away from atheist who do not understand the value of Their divine relation.
ami to’ swananda-sukhada-basi
dunhara milane ananda kori
dunhara viyoge duhkhete mari
sakhi-sthali nahi heri nayane
dekhile saibyake paraye mane
je-je pratikula candrara sakhi
prane duhkha pai tahare dekhi’
radhika-kusja andhara kori’
loite cahe se radhara hari
pratikula-jana na heri mukha
radha-pratikula jateka jana-
sambhasane kabhu na hoy mana
sanpeche parana ativa jatane
(1) I am a resident of Svananda-sukhada-kunja and a maidservant of the lotus feet of Radhika and Madhava.
(2) At the union of the Divine Couple I rejoice, and in Their separation I die in anguish.
(3) I never look at the place where Candravali and her friends stay. Whenever I see such a place it reminds me of Candravali’s gopi friend,Saibya.
(4) I feel pain in my heart when I catch sight of Candravali’s girl-friends, for they are opposed to Radha.
(5) Candravali wants to take away Radha’s Lord Hari, thus covering the grove of Radhika with the darkness of gloom.
(6) I never look at the faces of those who are opposed to Sri Radha and Govindas joyous union.
(7) Nor do I find any pleasure in conversing with those who are opposed to Radha.
(8) Bhaktivinoda has enthusiastically entrusted his soul to the lotus feet of Srimati Radharani.