has written this song “Keno Hare Krishna Nam“
. Bhaktivinoda Thakura
says that why are we being such difficult living beings. We have got this human body we should take the opportunity to chant the name Lord Krishna
. Why don’t we understand the essence of this powerful mantra? Once we die we will enter the funeral pyre and then there is no existence of this body. Just imagine the beauty of Goloka Vrindavan Dham its so transcendental and we can personally serve Hari Govinda
keno hare kṛṣṇa nām hari bole
mano prāṇ kāńde nā
pākhi nā jāni kon aparādhe
mukhe hare kṛṣṇa nām bolo nā
baner pākhi re dhare rākhalām hṛdoy mandire
madhu mākhā ei hari nām
pākhi re sikhaile sikhe
pākhi sakal nām bolte paro
keno hare kṛṣṇa nām bolo nā
keno hare kṛṣṇa nām hari bole mano prāṇ kāńde nā
calo pākhi rūper deśe jāi
je deśete maner mānuś āśā jāoyā nāi
pākhi re tor maraṇa kālete
carabī vāser dolāte
ore cār janete kandhe kore
loye jābe smaśān ghāṭete
ore o tor mukhe āguna jihve tule
ki korobi tāi bolo nā
Refrain: Oh, why does my heart not weep from chanting the holy names Hare Krsna?
1) The bird of my heart does not know what past sinful activities it has committed to cause this inability to chant Hare Krsna properly.
2) O forest bird! I have kept something for you very carefully within the cottage of my heart – the holy name of Hari, which is overflowing with puresweet honey. O bird, you could learn the chanting of this name if you were taught.
3) A bird is easily able to speak all names; why then does this bird of my heart refuse to chant Hare Krsna? Oh, why does my heart not weep from chanting the holy names Hare Krsna?
4) O bird! Come, let us go to the spiritual world, the land of true and everlasting beauty. It is the place where the imaginary man of my mind will never again come and go on the revolving cycle of birth and death.
5) O bird! At the time of death, your body will simply be placed upon a funeral stretcher, lifted on the shoulders of four persons and carried to the cremation grounds.
6) Alas! The cremation fire will enter your mouth and then totally consume your tongue. There will be nothing you can do to save yourself, for at that time it is too late – you will be unable to speak anymore.
Keno Hare Krishna Nam – Sung by HG By Jai Sachinanadana Prabhu
Keno Hare Krishna Nam – Sung by HG Sivarama Prabhu
Keno Hare Krishna Nam – Sung by HG Suhotra Swami