‘gaurāńga’ bolite habe pulaka-śarīra
‘hari hari’ bolite nayane ba’ be nīra
āra kabe nitāi-cānder koruṇā hoibe
saḿsāra-bāsanā mora kabe tuccha ha’be
viṣaya chāriyā kabe śuddha ha ‘be mana
kabe hāma herabo śrī-bṛndābana
rūpa-raghunātha-pade hoibe ākuti
kabe hāma bujhabo se jugala-pīriti
rūpa-raghunātha-pade rahu mora āśa
prārthanā koroye sadā narottama-dāsa
1) When will that opportune moment come to us, when there will be shivering of the body as soon as we chant Lord Gauranga’s name? While chanting Hare Krsna, when will there be tears in the eyes?
2) When will I obtain the mercy of Lord Nityananda-candra? When, by His mercy will the desire for material enjoyment become very insignificant?
3) When the mind is completely purified, being freed from material anxieties and desires, then I shall be able to understand Vrndavana and the conjugal love of Radha and Krsna, and then my spiritual life will be successful.
4) When shall I be very much eager to study the books left by the Six Gosvami’s, headed by Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami? By their instruction I shall be able to properly understand the loving affairs of Radha and Krsna.
5) My only aspiration is to attain the lotus feet of the Six Gosvamis headed by Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami. Narottama dasa constantly prays to attain their lotus feet.
By His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
This song was sung by Narottama dasa Thakura, a great devotee and acarya in the Gaudiya Vaishnavasampradaya, the disciplic succession coming down from Lord Caitanya. Narottama dasa Thakura has written many songs, which are recognized as authoritative by all Vaishnavas. He has sung these songs in simple Bengali language, but the purport—the deep meaning of his songs—is very significant. In this song he says, ‘gauranga’ bolite habe pulaka sarira. One has attained the perfection of chanting when as soon as he chants the name of Lord Gauranga, who initiated this sankirtana movement, at once there is shivering in his body. This is not to be imitated, but Narottama dasa Thakura is asking, “When will that opportune moment come to us when there will be shivering of the body as soon as we chant Lord Gauranga’s name?” And after the shivering—‘hari hari’ bolite nayane ba ’be nira: “While chanting Hare Krishna, there will be tears in the eyes.”
Gauranga Bolite Habe – Sung by Srila Prabhupada
Gauranga Bolite Habe – Sung by HG Agnidev Prabhu
Gauranga Bolite Habe – Sung by HG Jai Sachinanadana Prabhu
Gauranga Bolite Habe – Sung by HG Sivarama Prabhu
Gauranga Bolite Habe – Sung by HH Radhanath Swami
Gauranga Bolite Habe – Sung by HG Krsna Kirtan Prabhu