Bhaktivinod Thakur has written this song ”Kabe Ha'be Bolo”. The official Name for this song is ”Vijnapti Song 1". This song is taken from the book Saranagati. Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that one should taste and hear the essence of the name Hari Krishna. The Hare Krishna mantra is such a nectar that we feel like drinking it again and again. We should train our mind to be attracted towards the Holy name. We should beg Nitya nanda for His mercy so that we can perform our devotional activities properly.
kabe ha'be bolo se-dina amar
(amar) aparadha ghuci', suddha name ruci,
krpa-bale ha'be hrdoye sascar
trnadhika hina, kabe nije mani',
sahisnuta-guna hrdoyete ani'
sakale manada, apani amani,
ho'ye aswadibo nama-rasa-sar
dhana jana ara, kobita-sundari,
bolibo na cahi deho-sukha-kari
janme-janme dao, ohe gaurahari!
ahaituki bhakti carane tomar
(kabe) korite sri-krsna-nama uccarana,
pulakita deho gadgada bacana
baibarnya-bepathu ha'be sańghatana,
nirantara netre ba'be asru-dhar
kabe navadwipe, suradhuni-tate,
gaura-nityananda boli' niskapate
naciya gaiya, beraibo chute,
batulera praya chariya bicar
kabe nityananda, more kori 'doya,
charaibe mora visayera maya
diya more nija-caranera chaya,
namera hatete dibe adhikar
kinibo, lutibo, hari-nama-rasa,
nama-rase mati' hoibo bibasa
rasera rasika-carana parasa,
koriya mojibo rase anibar
kabe jibe doya, hoibe udoya,
nija-sukha bhuli' sudina-hrdoya
bhakativinoda, koriya binoya,
sri-ajsa-tahala koribe pracar
(1) When, O when, will that day be mine? When will you give me your blessings, erase all my offences and give my heart a taste [ruci] for chanting the Holy Name in purity?
(2) When will I taste the essence of the Holy Name, feeling myself to be lower than the grass, my heart filled with tolerance? When will I give respect to all others and be free from desire for respect from them?
(3) When will I cry out that I have no longer any desire for wealth and followers, poetry and beautiful women, all of which are meant just for bodily pleasure? O Gaura Hari! Give me causeless devotional service [bhakti] to your lotus feet, birth after birth.
(4) When will my body be covered with goose bumps and my voice broken with emotion as I pronounce Krishna's name? When will my body change colour and my eyes flow with endless tears as I chant?
(5) When will I give up all thought of the world and society to run like a madman along the banks of the Ganges in Navadvipa, singing anddanvcing and sincerely calling out the names of Gaura and Nityananda?
(6) When will Nityananda Prabhu be merciful to me and deliver me from the enchantment [maya] of the sense objects? When will he give me the shade of his lotus feet and the right to enter the market place [nama-hatta] of the Holy Name?
(7) When will I buy, borrow or steal the ecstasies of the Holy Name? When will I lose myself in the intoxication of the Holy Name? When will I immerse myself in the nectar of the Holy Name after grasping the feet of a saint who constantly relishes the flavours [rasa] of devotion?
(8) When will I feel compassion for all living beings [jibas]? When will I forget my own pleasure in genuine humility? And when will I,Bhaktivinode, meekly go from door to door, preaching your message of love?