Govinda Das Kaviraj has written this song “Kanane Sabahu Kusuma Parakasa”. This song is taken from the book Padavali. In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj describes how Lord Krishna walks to the forest-place where He will meet His beloved Srimati Radha. He thirsts to enjoy pastimes with her.
kanane sabahu kusuma parakasa
sari suka pika-kula madhurima bhasa
mayura mayuri-gana de-i nada
suna-ite katara bhela unamada
dekha dekha nagara-raja
calalahi sanketa-kunjaka majha
kisalaya-punjahi seja-bara kela
tamhi para baithi puna tarakhita bhela
patha heri akula bikala parana
abahu na sundari karala payana
antare madana karala parakasa
caudise hera-i gobinda-dasa
(1) Flowers bloom in the forest. Parrots and cuckoos sweetly talk.
(2) Peacocks and peahens loudly call. These sounds make one wild with bliss.
(3) Look! Look! There is the king of playful heroes. He walks to the forest-place where He will meet His beloved.
(4) He sits on a couch of twigs and leaves. He thirsts to enjoy pastimes with His beloved.
(5) He watches the path. His life's breath is uneasy. The beautiful gopi has not yet come.
(6) Kamadeva is manifest in His heart. Govinda dasa carefully watches the four directions.