Govinda Das Kaviraj has written this song “Ki Ye Suni Sudhamaya Muralira Rava”. This song is taken from the book Padavali. In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj depicts how the gopis ran to the forests, leaving aside everything after hearing Lord Krishna’s nectarean flute music.
ki ye suni sudhamaya muralira raba
na sambare ambare dhaya gopi saba
kare tuli pare keha pada-abharana
keha pare nija adha nayane anjana
sadana chadiya keha kananete dhaya
paya-pane sisu chadi seha gopi yaya
eka gopire pati dhariya rakhila
syama-anurage seha tanu teyagila
sakala gopira age pa-ila se-i rama
gobinda-dasa kahe ki diba upama
(1) Hearing Krsna's nectar flute-music, the gopis ran. They took no care that their garments were properly arranged.
(2) Some gopis placed their anklets around their wrists. Other gopis decorated only half their eyes with black kajjala.
(3) Leaving their homes, some gopis ran to the forest. Suddenly stopping feeding milk to their infants, other gopis also ran.
(4) Forcibly stopped by their husbands, other gopis left their bodies. They were rapt in love for dark Krsna.
(5) One gopi was the foremost. She was the goddess of fortune Herself. Govinda dasa says: What metaphors and similes can I speak that will do justice to Her glories?