Bhaktivinod Thakur has written this song “Radhika Carana Padmaama”. The Official Name for this song is Sri Radhikastakam Song 1. This song is taken from the book Gitavali. Bhaktivinoda Thakura says Radha and Krishna are one, but when Sri Krishna wants to enjoy, He manifests Himself as Radha. He who has not taken shelter of Shree Radhey and who has not associated with Her devotees will never get Krishna prema. Hence abandon all the material desires to get Her mercy.
radhika-carana-padma, sakala sreyera sadma,
jatane je nahi aradhilo
radha-padmankita dhama, brndabana jar nama,
taha je na asroy korilo
radhika-bhava-gambhir, citta jeba mahadhir,
gana-sanga na koilo jivane
kemone se syamananda, rasa-sindhu-snanananda,
labhibe bujhoha eka-mane
radhika ujjvala-raser acarya
je dharilo radha-pada parama jatane
se pailo krsna-pada amulya-ratane
radha-pada vina kabhu krsna nahi mile
radhar dasir krsna sarva-vede bole
chodata dhana-jan, kalatra-suta-mita,
chodata karama geyan
radha-pada-pankaja, madhurata sevan,
(1) He who has failed to carefully worship the lotus feet of Srimati Radhika, which are the abode of all auspiciousness; he who has not taken shelter in the transcendental abode known asVrndavana, which is decorated with the beautiful lotus flower named Radha…
(2) …he who in this life has not associated with the devotees of Radhika, who are very wise and whose devotion for Radha is very deep-how will such a person ever experience the bliss of bathing in the ocean of Lord Syama's sublime mellows? Please understand this most attentively.
(3) Srimati Radhika is the exemplary teacher of the brilliant mellows of conjugal love. This pure love between Radha and Madhava is worthy of discussion and contemplation.
(4) He who has grasped hold of the lotus feet of Radha with great care obtains the lotus feet of Krsna, which are like priceless jewels.
(5) Without taking shelter of the lotus feet of Radha, one can never personally meet Lord Krsna. The Vedic scriptures declare that Krsna is the property of the maidservants of Sri Radha.
(6) Abandoning wealth, followers, wife, sons, and friends, and giving up materialistic activities and intellectual knowledge, being absorbed in the sweetness of service to the lotus feet ofSrimati Radharani-this is Bhaktivinoda's conviction.