Lochan Das Thakur has written this song “Bhaja Bhaja Hari Mana Drdha Kari”. In this song, Lochan Das Thakur explains to his mind to perform Hari Bhajana with staunch faith, without which it cannot be delivered.
bhaja bhaja hari, mana drdha kari’, mukhe bolo ta’ra nama
vrajendra-nandana gopi-prana-dhana, bhuvana mohana syama
kakhana maribe, kemane taribe, visama samana dake
jahara pratape, bhuvana kapaye, na jani mara vipake
kula-dhana paiya, unmatta haiya, apanake jana bada
samanera dute, dhari’, paye hate, badhiya karibe jada
kiva yati sati, kiva nica jati, jei hari nahi bhaje
tabe janamiya, bhramiya bhramiya, raurava-narake maje
e dasa locana, bhave anuksana, michai janama gela
hari na bhajinu, visaye majinu, hrdaye rahala sela
1) O my dear mind, with staunch faith perform hari-bhajana, without which you cannot be delivered. And with your mouth chant the names of Vrajendra-nandana, Gopi-prana-dhana (the life and wealth of the gopis) and Syamasundara, whose beauty en-chants the whole material manifestation.
2) There is no certainty when your life will finish, and you also never think about your deliverance from the material world. But very fearsome Yamadutas are standing near you. Bhagavan, whose power causes the three worlds to tremble in fear, You have forgotten. This is your misfortune. Thus, you are suffering in this material world from different kinds of miseries, and now you are about to die.
3) You have become intoxicated by your high birth and wealth, thinking yourself very high class. But you have forgotten that one day the Yamadutas will take you, tying up your hands and feet.
4) So whether one is a sannyasi or a very low-caste person, without performing hari-bhajana, one will continue to rotate in the samsara and go to the hell named Raurava.
5) Locana dasa says, “I have never done any hari-bhajana, having been absorbed in sense enjoyment. In this way my human form of life has been wasted. And this causes excruciating pain like a thorn piercing my heart.