Lochan Das Thakur has written this song “Pativrata Laksmidevi Pati Gata”. In this song, Lochan Das Thakur sings the glories of Laksmipriya Devi, the wife of Lord Gaura, whose heart is tormented with grief due to separation from Lord Chaitanya.
pativrata laksmi-devi pati-gata prana
anande sacira seva karaya vidhana
devatara sajja kare gaha sammarjana
dhupa dipa naibedyadi malya-candana
saba samskari deya devatara ghare
bahura silpataya saci apana pasara
e-i-rupe ache saci laksmira sahite
daiba niyojita karma na haya khandite
gauranga-birahe laksmi katara antara
anurage birahe byakula kalebara
biraha ha-ila murtimanta sarpakara
dekhiya laksmira mane ha-ila camatkara
damsileka se-i sarpa laksmira carane
laksmira swaraga prapti e locana bhane
1) Laksmipriya-devi, who is devoted to her husband, and who has dedicated her life's breath to her husband, happily serves mother Saci.
2) She dresses and decorates the Deity. She cleans the house. She burns incense, lights lamps, cooks for the Deity, prepares sandal paste and flower garlands, and performs many other like services.
3) Saci artistically decorates the Deity room in many ways. Rapt in this service, she forgets herself.
4) As long as they are rapt in the Deity's service, Saci and Laksmipriya are not broken into pieces by grief.
5) Still, in separation from Lord Gauranga, Laksmipriya finds her heart is tormented with grief. In His absence, her love for Him overwhelms her body.
6) Her grief in His absence eventually assumed the form of a snake. Seeing that snake, Laksmipriya felt great wonder in her heart.
7) That snake bit Laksmipriya's foot. Then Laksmipriya returned to the spiritual world. This Locana dasa says.