Govinda Das Kaviraj has written this song “Dekha Radha Madhava Meli”. This song is taken from the book Padavali. In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj describes beauty of Srimati Radha and Sri Krishna, who are Kamadeva’s nectar pastimes personified. Seeing them, Govinda Das Kaviraj is filled with wonder.
dekha radha-madhava meli
murati madana rasa-keli
o naba jaladhara anga
iha thira bijuri-taranga
o bara marakata thama
iha kancana dasabana
o matta madhukara-raja
iha nava padimini saja
o nava taruna tamala
iha hema yuthi rasala
aruna niyade puna canda
govinda-dasa rahu dhandha
(1) Look! Radha and Krsna meet. They are Kamadeva's nectar pastimes personified.
(2) His form is a dark monsoon cloud. She is waves of lightning.
(3) He is an abode of sapphires. She is the purest gold.
(4) He is the king of wild black bees. She is a lake of new lotus flowers.
(5) He is a young tamala tree. She is a sweet golden-jasmine vine.
(6) They are glorious like the sun and moon rising together. Gazing at Them, Govinda dasa is filled with wonder.