Govinda Das Kaviraj
has written this song “Jaya Jaya Sri Sri Nivasa Guna Dhama”.
This song is taken from the book Padavali.
In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj
glorifies the glorious Lord Gaura
, who is none other than Lord Krishna
himself. Lord Krishna
in this incarnation relishes the nectar of the divine couple’s qualities, pastimes, and devotional service.
jaya jaya śrī-śrī-nibāsa guṇa-dhāma
aichana madhurima nāma
rādhā-nāyaka nāgara śyāma
so śacī-nandana nadīyā-purandara
jaya nija-kāntā- kānti-kalebara
jaya jaya preyasī-bhāba-binoda
jaya jaya śrīdāma-sudāma-subalārjuna-
jaya rāmādi-sundara- priya-sahacara
jaya jaya mohana gaura anupa
jaya jaya nityānanda-ānanda
jaya jaya saj-jana- gaṇa-bhaya-bhañjana
kāñcana-baraṇa haraṇa tanu su-lalita
kauṣika basana birāje
prema nāma kahi kahata bhāgabate
aiche baraṇa tanu sāje
nija nija bhakata pāriṣada sańgati
nirabadhi badanenāma birājita
rādhe kṛṣṇa gobinda
grantha kalpa-taru hāte
tuyā bine adhameśaraṇa ko deyaba
(Refrain) Glory, glory to the Lord who is the goddess of fortune’s shelter, who is the abode of all virtues, and whose sweet holy name carries the nectar-elixir of spiritual love, an elixir that rescues the poor fallen souls!
(1) Lord Krsna, who is Nanda’s son, the gopis’ beloved, Radha’s lover, a hero of amorous pastimes, and dark in complexion, now has become Saci’s son. He is the ruler of Nadiya. He charms the hearts of the demigods and sages.
(2) Glory to the Lord, whose bodily complexion is now like that of His beloved! Glory, glory to the Lord, who enjoys pastimes of feeling the ecstatic spiritual love His beloved feels! Glory to the Lord who brought auspicious bliss to the vraja-gopis’ eyes and who now delights the eyes of the girls in Nadiya!
(3) Glory, glory to the Lord whose form is dark like a new rain cloud and who is the ecstatic friend of Sridama, Sudama, Subala, and Arjuna! Glory to the Lord who was the dear and glorious companion of Balarama and a host of gopa boys! Glory, glory to the Lord who now manifests a fair form charming and peerless!
(4) Glory, glory to the Lord who was Balarama’s dear younger brother! Glory, glory to the Lord who now delights Nityananda! Glory, glory to the Lord who breaks into pieces the fears of the saintly devotees! Glory to the Lord whose association Govinda dasa yearns to attain!
(5) Glory to the Lord whose graceful form is now more splendid than gold, who is gloriously arrayed in silken garments. Describing the glories of the holy name, He speaks from Srimad-Bhagavatam. His form is now fair.
(6) He is accompanied by His devotees. Now His lotus feet are visible in this world. Without stop the holy names “Radhe! Krsna! Govinda!” are gloriously manifest in His mouth.
(7) He relishes the nectar of the divine couple’s qualities, pastimes, and devotional service. The kalpa-taru tree of scriptures He holds in His hand. O Supreme Lord, but for You who will give shelter to fallen helpless Govinda dasa?