Govinda Das Kaviraj has written this song “Mandira Bahira Kathina Kapata”. This song is taken from the book Padavali. In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj describes the various difficulties faced by Srimati Radharani when she departs from Her house to meet Lord Krishna.
mandira bahira kathina kapata
cala-ite sankila pankila bata
tamhi ati duratara badara dola
bari ki bara-i nila nicola
sundari kaiche kayabi abhisara
hari raha manasa suradhuni para
ghana ghana jhana jhana bajara nipata
suna-ite srabane marame jari ja;ta
dasa disa damini daha-i bithara
hera-ite ucaka-i locana-bhara
ithe yadi sundari tejabi geha
premaka lagi upekhabi deha
gobinda-dasa kaha ithe ki bicara
chutala bana kiye yatane nibara
(1) She departs from the house and the locked gate. Frightened, she flees on the muddy pathway.
(2) A ferocious rainstorm blows with great winds. How can her black cloak keep out the torrents of rain?
(3) How will this beautiful girl meet with Krsna? He is on the Manasa-ganga's farther shore.
(4) "Jhanajhana!" Thunderbolts fall again and again. Hearing the thunder, she feels her ears and heart filled with flames of pain.
(5) Flames of lightning flash in the ten directions. Watching, she fills her upraised wide-open eyes.
(6) O beautiful girl, if you leave your home for love's sake, then for love's sake you should give up all worry for your own body.
(7) Govinda dasa says: How can worry stop her now? When shot from the bow, how can an arrow be stopped?