Bhaktivinod Thakur has written a song “Ki Jani Ki Bale “ and the Official Name for this song is Goptritve Varana Song – 1. This song is taken from the book Saranagati. Bhaktivinoda Thakura prays to Sri Krsna that please forgive us for the offenses that we have committed. Other than Him we have no one who can deliver us from this material bounds. We are His servants and we should beg at His lotus feet for protection and compassion. Seeing this attitude of ours the Lord who is magnanimous will accept us. He is very kind to give us shelter. Such is the mercy of Hari Govinda the prince of Vrindavana.
ki jani ki bale, tomara dhamete,
tumi doya-moy, patita-pavana,
bharasa amara, ei matra natha!
tumi to’ karuna-moy
tava doya-patra, nahi mora sama,
avasya ghucabe bhoy
amare tarite, kaharo sakati,
doyala thakura! ghosana tomara,
adhama pamare trahi
sakala chadiya, asiyachi ami,
tomara carane natha!
ami nitya-dasa, tumi palayita,
tumi gopta, jagannatha!
tomara sakala, ami matra dasa,
amara taribe tumi
tomara carana, korinu varana,
amara nahi to’ ami
bhakativinoda, kandiya sarana,
lo’yeche tomara pay
ksami’ aparadha, name ruci diya,
palana korohe tay
1) How has one such as I come to Your shelter? Surely it is by Your mercy alone, for You are ever seeking the purification and deliverance of the fallen souls.
2) You are my only hope, for You are full of compassion and mercy. There is no one who needs Your mercy more than I. You will surely drive away all fear.
3) No one else has the power to deliver me. O merciful Lord, by Your declaration, kindly deliver this vile and lowly sinner.
4) I have given up everything and come to Your lotus feet. I am Your eternal servant, and You are my protector and maintainer, O Lord of the universe!
5) Everything is Yours. I am merely a servant, certain that You will deliver me. I have chosen Your lotus feet as my only shelter. I no longer belong to myself.
6) Weeping, Bhaktivinoda takes shelter at Your feet. Forgive his offenses, afford him a taste for the holy name, and kindly maintain him.