Bhaktivinod Thakur has written this song “Mana Tumi Barai Pamara”. The Official Name for this song is Upadesa: Song 4. This song is taken from the book Kalyana Kalpataru. Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that we should always respect the demigods but our Supreme Personality of Godhead is Govinda only. The demigods also becomes happy when we worship Sri Krishna and chant the Hare Krishna mantra. Thus engage your mind in worshiping Shri Radhey and Sri Krsna.
mana, tumi barai pamara
tomar isvara hari, tanke keno parihari',
kama-marge bhajo' debantara?
parabrahma ek tattva, tanhate sanpiya sattva,
nista-gune koroho adar
ara jata deba-gana, misra-sattva aganana,
nija nija karyer iswar
se-sabe sammana kori' bhajo' ekamatra hari,
maya janra chaya-sakti, tante aikantiki bhakti,
sadhi' kala kato' nirantar
mulete sincile jala, sakha-pallaber bala,
sire bari nahe karyakar
hari-bhakti ache janra, sarva-deba bandhu tanra,
bhakte sabe korena adar
binoda kohiche mana, radha-krsna-sri-carana,
bhajo bhajo bhajo nirantar
(1) My dear mind, you are certainly most vile and wicked. Your Lord is Sri Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. So then why are you abandoning Him to worship the various demigods, following the path of lust?
(2) The Supreme Lord is one absolute truth, above and beyond the Brahman effulgence. Therefore honor Him only with resolute determination, and completely dedicate the whole of your life unto Him. As far as all the innumerable demigods are concerned, their power and authority compared to His is only partial, for they are each the absolute controller of only one specific type of work within this material world's administrative department.
(3) Maintaining polite respect for all these demigods, worship only Lord Hari, for He is the only Supreme Controller of all these other small controllers. Incessantly pass your time, my dear mind, by arduously endeavoring for intense, single-minded devotional service unto Him, Whose total potency of maya is simply His insignificant shadow reflection.
(4) By pouring water on the root of the tree, all the branches and leaves become strong and healthy. It is useless to try to pour the water on the top part of the tree only. Similarly, all the demigods are the dear friend of one who has actual devotion to Hari. Indeed, they all show great honor and respect to the devotee of the Lord.
(5) Now Bhaktivinoda is telling you, dear mind, just worship always, just worship ceaselessly, just worship eternally the divine lotus feet of Radha and Krsna.