Bhaktivinod Thakur has written a song “Krpa Koro Vaisnava Thakura“ and the Official Name for this song is Ucchvasa: Prarthana Lalasmayi Song 8. This song is taken from the book Kalyana Kalpataru. Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that one should keep oneself low and should not think about himself as a high qualified person. He prays to Krishna the lord who gives benediction to all that let ones false ego vanish and he treats everyone with equality and respect. One should honor the prasadam and caranamaritam of the Lord of the universe.
krpa koro vaisnava thakura, sambandha janiya
bhajite bhajite, abhimana hau dura
'ami to vaisnava', e buddhi hoile, amani na ho'bo ami
pratisthasa asi', hrdoya dusibe, hoibo niraya-gami
tomara kinkora, apane janibo, 'guru'-abhimana tyaji'
tomara ucchistha, pada-jala-renu, sada niskapate bhaji
'nije srestha' jani, ucchistthadi dane, ho'be abhimana bhara
tai sisya taba, thakiya sarvada, na loibo puja ka'r
amani manada, hoile kirtane, adhikara dibe tumi
tomara carane, niskapate ami, kandiya lutibo bhumi
1) O Vaisnava Thakura! Please give me your mercy – knowledge of my relationship with Bhagavan and the ability to do bhajana, sending my false ego far away.
2) If I think "I am a Vaisnava," then I will never become humble. My heart will become contaminated with the hope of receiving honor from others, and I will surely go to hell.
3) Give me the mercy that I can renounce the false conception of my being guru and can be your servant. Let me accept without duplicity your remnants and your foot-bath water.
4) By thinking that I am superior (guru) and giving my remnants to others, I will bring about my destruction. Let me always identify as your disciple and not accept any worship or praise from others.
5) In this way I can renounce the desire for honor for myself and can offer respect to others. Weeping sincerely at your lotus feet and rolling on the ground, I pray that you will give me the ability