Govinda Das Kaviraj has written this song “Ancare Mukha Sasi Goya”. This song is taken from the book Padavali. In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj describes the state of Srimati Radha when she is separated from Lord Krishna. Yearning to associate with him, tears stream from her eyes whereas suddenly without any reason she laughs.
ancare mukha-sasi goya
jhara jhara locana roya
karana binu ksane hasa-i
utapata dirgha nisasa-i
suna suna sundara syama
premaka iha parinama
tatala tanu nahi tuta-i
satata mahi-tale lutha-i
kahuka kachu nahi kaha-i
ko achu bedana saha-i
jagabhari kulabati bada
ka de-i kara-i sambada
jiba-i tuya abhilase
(1) She hides the moon of her face behind the edge of her garment. Tears stream from her eyes.
(2) Without reason she suddenly laughs. Again and again she deeply sighs.
(3) Hear. Please hear, O handsome dark Krsna. These are the symptoms of love.
(4) Her body burns with a fever. It is not a slight fever. Again and again she rolls on the ground.
(5) She will not say a word to anyone. Who can bear to see her suffer in this way?
(6) The saintly ladies confer amongst themselves: “Who will talk with this girl?"
(7) Govinda dasa reassures them: By your wish this girl will certainly survive.