Govinda Das Kaviraj has written this song “Ei Ta Vrndavana Pathe”. This song is taken from the book Padavali. In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj depicts the jolly conversation between the gopis and Srimati Radharani with Lord Krishna when they are going on Vrndavana forest’s pathways carrying butter.
e-i ta brndabana-pathe
niti niti kari gatagate
hate kari la-i ya-i sona
tumi ke na kahe hena jana
tumi dekhi puchaha bada-i
kisera dana cahena kana-i
sange sabe ghrtera pasara
tahe kene eteka janjala
tumi ta baraja yuba-raja
tumi kene karibe akaja
dura kara hasa parihasa
(1) Again and again they come and go on Vrndavana forest's pathways.
(2) "With Your own hand give Me Your golden ornaments." "Who are You? You have no right to make such a demand.
(3) "Why do You stare at Me and make these demands? O Krsna, why do You demand all this?"
(4) "To Me You must give all the butter You carry." "Why must You make trouble for Us?
(5) "You are Vraja's prince. Why do You act in a way that is not right?"
(6) In this way the divine couple joked and laughed for a long time. So says Govinda dasa.