Govinda Das Kaviraj
has written this song “Gaganahi Nimagana Dinamani Kanti”.
This song is taken from the book Padavali.
In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj
describes how Srimati Radharani
goes to meet Lord Krishna
in the forest at night inspite of the blinding darkness. Govinda Das Kaviraj
respectfully stays far far away from this glorified union.
gaganahi nimagana dinamaṇi kānti
lakha-i nā pāriye kiye dina rāti
aichana jalada kalaya āndhiyāra
niyaḍahi ko-i lakha-i nāhi pāra
calu gaja-gāminī hari abhisāra
gamana nirańkuśa ārati bithāra
caudike athira pabana taru dola
jaga bhari śīkara-nikara hilola
ḍhala-ite gorī nagara pura-bāṭa
mandire mandire lāgala kapāṭa
yaba dhani kuñje milala hari pāśa
dūrahi dūre rahu gobinda-dāsa
(1) The sky’s sunlight suddenly plunges into darkness. Is it day or night? I have no power to see.
(2) A great cloud has brought blinding darkness. No one can see even the nearest object.
(3) Walking like a graceful elephant, a beautiful gopi goes to meet Krsna. She is ecstatic with loving feelings in longing to meet with Him.
(4) In the four directions a fickle wind blows the trees back and forth. Waves of drizzling rain fill the worlds.
(5) The fair gopi follows the path to Krsna’s abode. She comes to the doors of house after house.
(6) Finally the beautiful fortunate gopi friend meets Krsna in the forest. How glorified Their union is! Govinda dasa respectfully stays far far away.