Govinda Das Kaviraj has written this song “Gahana Birahaka Lagi”. This song is taken from the book Padavali. In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj describes how Lord Krishna stays awake the whole night overcome with feelings of separation.
gahana birahaka lagi
rajani pohaya-i jagi
karatahi tohari dheyana
to bine akula kana
sitala pita nicola
tohari bharame karu kora
so rasa parasa na pa-i
murachita dharani lota-i
ghana ghana moda-i anga
kahatahi gada gada bhasa
na bujhala gobinda-dasa
(1) Overcome with feelings of separation, He stays awake the whole night.
(2) He meditates on You. Without You, Krsna is very unhappy.
(3) Bewildered, He embraces His yellow cloth. He thinks the cloth is You.
(4) He cannot taste any sweetness. Fainting, He falls to the ground.
(5) His heart is tossed to and fro by Kamadeva's waves. His limbs are bent.
(6) He speaks broken words in a choked voice. Govinda dasa does not understand what has happened to Him.