Bhaktivinod Thakur has written this song “Sri Krsna Sankirtane Jadi Manasa Tohar”. The Official Name for this song is Siksastakam Song 3. This song is taken from the book Gitavali. Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that a true Vaishnava is he who is humble, non violent, caring, merciful and thinks about others problems, who gives the medicine of Hare Krishna mantra to the ones who are suffering , who does Kirtans of Krishna and weeps at His lotus feet for unbound mercy.
sri-krsna-sankirtane jadi manasa tohar
parama jatane tahi labho adhikar
trnadhika hina, dina, akincana char
apane manobi sada chadi’ ahankar
vrksa-sama ksama-guna korobi sadhan
prati-himsa tyaji’ anye korobi palan
jivana-nirvahe ane udvega na dibe
para-upakare nija-sukha pasaribe
hoile-o sarva-gune guni mahasoy
pratisthasa chadi koro amani hrdoy
krsna-adhisthana sarva-jive jani’ sada
korobi sammana sabe adare sarvada
dainya, doya, anye mana, pratistha-varjan
cari gune guni hoi’ koroha kirtan
bhakativinoda kandi’, bole prabhu-pay
heno adhikara kabe dibe he amay
(1) If your mind is always absorbed in chanting the glories of Lord Krsna with great care, then by that process of Sri-krsna-kirtana you will attain transcendental qualification.
(2) You should give up all false pride and always consider yourself to be worthless, destitute, lower and more humble than a blade of grass.
(3) You should practice forgiveness like that of a tree, and giving up violence toward other living beings, you should protect and maintain them.
(4) In the course of passing your life, you should never give anxiety to others, but rather do good to them while forgetting about your own happiness.
(5) When one has thus become a great soul, possessing all good qualities, one should abandon all desires for fame and honor and make one's heart humble.
(6) Knowing that Lord Krsna resides within all living creatures, one should with great respect consistently show honor to all beings.
(7) By possessing these four qualities-humility, mercifulness, respect toward others, and the renunciation of desires for prestige-one becomes virtuous. In such a state you may sing the glories of the Supreme Lord.
(8) Weeping, Bhaktivinoda submits his prayer at the lotus feet of the the Lord: "O Lord, when will you give me the qualification for possessing attributes such as these?"
Sri Krsna kirtane Jadi Manasa Tohar – Sung by HG Jai Sachinanadana Prabhu