Bhaktivinod Thakur has written a song “Jnani Jnana Yoge Koriya Jatane”. The Official Name for this song is Namastakam Song 4. This song is taken from the book Gitavali. Bhaktivinoda Thakura says the only way to get free from this repeated cycle of birth and death is to chant the Holy names of Sri Krishna Govinda and be happy. This Hare Krishna mantra has so much power that it kills all your sinful past and present reactions. By taking the holy names living beings become pure and he attains Krishna prema.
jnani jnana-yoge, koriya jatane,
brahmera saksat kore
brahma-saksatkar, aprarabdha karma,
sampurna jnanete hare
tabu to’ prarabdha, nahi hoy ksoy,
phala-bhoga bina kabhu
brahma-bhuta jiva, phala-bhoga lagi’,
kintu ohe nama, tava sphurti ha’le,
ekanti janera aro
prarabdhaprarabdha, kichu nahi thake,
vede gaya baro baro
tomara udaye, jivera hrdoya,
sampurna sodhita hoy
karma-jnana-bandha, saba dure jaya,
bhakativinoda, bahu tule’ koy,
namera nisana dharo
nama-danka-dhvani, koriya jaibe,
(1) The learned man, endeavoring in the practice of jnana-yoga, eventually sees the Supreme Brahman. That realization of Brahman, in full knowledge, removes all the potential sinful reactions lying in his heart.
(2) By dint of Brahman realization all such potential sinful reactions are destroyed; but unless one undergoes the suffering of current sinful reactions, they will not be destroyed. Therefore, despite being a Brahman realized soul, even such a learned man must undergo the current reactions to his sins and thus be implicated in the cycle of birth and death.
(3) But, O holy name, if You are vibrated on the tongue of Your unalloyed devotee, then all of his sinful reactions of both past and present lives are completely destroyed. This truth is sung by the Vedas again and again.
(4) O sun of the holy name, when You arise on the horizon of the living being’s heart, it becomes completely purified, the bondage to materialistic activities and speculative knowledge disappears and the soul’s worldly existence comes to an end without any difficulty.
(5) Thakura Bhaktivinoda, raising his arms says, “Take up the banners of the holy name and walk along sounding the drum of the holy name. In this way you will surely obtain the direct audience of Krsna, the holder of the flute.”