Bhaktivinod Thakurhas written this song “Visva Udita Nama Tapan”. The Official Name for this song is Namastakam Song 3. This song is taken from the book Gitavali. Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that chanting the Hare Krishna mantra is the most effective means of self-realization and removes all kinds of ignorance. As the holy names of Krishna are taken incessantly it purifies the living beings and all the darkness of this material world is destroyed.
visve udita, nama-tapan,
chodata saba, maya-vibhava,
sadhu tahe anuragi
tomar mahima keba jane
ke heno pandita-jan, tomara mahatmya-gan,
uccaih-sware sakala bakhane
tomara abhas pahilohi bhay
e bhava-timira kavalita-pray
acire timira nasiya prajnan
tattvandha-nayane korena vidhan
sei to’ prajnan visuddha bhakati
upajay hari-visayini mati
e adbhuta-lila satata tomar
bhakativinoda janiyache sar
(1) The sun of the holy name has appeared in the universe to destroy all forms of ignorance. Casting aside all worldly things, the saintly become devoted to Him alone.
(2) The sun of the holy name is the remover of the darkness of ignorance. O Harinam, who actually knows Your greatness? What sort of learned man is capable of singing allYour glories?
(3) O holy name, from the very moment You first appear on the horizon of the heart, the darkness of this material world is almost totally devoured.
(4) Quickly destroying all remaining darkness, You bestow divine wisdom upon our spiritually blinded eyes.
(5) That divine wisdom gives rise within the heart to pure devotion and an understanding of the transcendental characteristics of Lord Hari.
(6) This wonderful pastime of Yours is eternal and Thakura Bhaktivinoda has understood its essence.