Bhaktivinod Thakur has written this song “Prabhu Tava Pada Yuge“. This song is taken from the book Gitavali (Section: Siksastakam Song 4). Bhaktivinoda Thakura prays to Hari Govinda that we should not ask for any material assets and happiness. We should always sing the glories of Hari naam no matter whatever birth you take. In all circumstances we should remember Krishna and our Love for Him should always increase.
prabhu tava pada-yuge mora nivedan
nahi magi deha-sukha, vidya, dhana, jan
nahi magi swarga, ara moksa nahi magi
na kori prarthana kono vibhutira lagi’
nija-karma-guna-dose je je janma pai
janme janme jeno tava nama-guna gai
ei matra asa mama tomar carane
ahoituki bhakti hrde jage anuksane
visaye je priti ebe achaye amar
sei-mata priti hauk carane tomar
vipade sampade taha thakuk sama-bhave
dine dine vrddhi hauk namera prabhave
pasu-paksi ho’ye thaki swarge va niroye
tava bhakti rahu bhaktivinoda-hrdoye
1) My Lord: I submit the following prayer at Your holy feet: I do not pray to You for physical leisure, for learning, wealth, or followers.
2) I do not pray for heaven or salvation. I do not pray for any of these opulences.
3) In whatever birth I take, wherever my karma leads me, let me sing the glories of Your Holy Name birth after birth.
4) This alone is my cherished hope, my aspiration, my prayer at your lotus feet: Let causeless and uninterrupted devotion awaken within my heart and flow towards You.
5) Let me love Your lotus feet as much as I now love sense gratification; transfer my affection from the objects of the senses to Your lotus feet.
6) In danger or success, good fortune or disaster, let me remain in equipoise. And let my affection for You increase day by day by the influence of the Holy Name.
7) Whether I live as bird or beast, in heaven or in hell, let the humble Bhaktivinoda always cherish bhakti in his heart of hearts.