Bhaktivinod Thakur has written this song ”Caitanya Candrer Lila Samudra Apar”. The Official Name of this song is ”Ucchvasa: Prarthana Lalasmayi Song 4″. This song is taken from the book Kalyana Kalpataru. Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that it is very to understand the transcendental pass times of Sri Krishna through material eyes. Materialistic people have limited knowledge and hence they make their own assumption’s about His pastimes. Whenever Sri Krishna Caitanya comes, He gets all His associates to help Him in His pastimes. In this way Maha prabhu’s associates also enjoy and relish the nectar of His pastimes.
caitanya-candrer lila-samudra apar
bujhite sakti nahi, ei katha sar
sastrer agamya tattwa sri krsna amar
tanra lila-anta bujhe sakati kahar
tabe murkha jana keno sastra bicariya
gaura-lila nahi mane anta na paiya
ananter anta ache, kon sastre gay?
sastradhina krsna, iha suni' hasi pay
krsna hoibena gora iccha ho'lo tanra
sabaikuntha nabadvipe hoila abatara
jakhan asena krsna jiba uddharite
sange sab sahacar ase prtivite
gora abatare tanra sri jaya-bijaya
nabadvipe satru-bhave hoilo udoy
purve purve abatare asura achilo
sastre bole pandita hoiya janamila
smrti-tarka-sastre bole bairi prakasiya
goracandra-saha rana korilo matiya
ataeva nabadvipa-basi jata jana
sri-caitanya-lila-pusti kore anuksana
ekhon je brahmakule caitnyer ari
ta'ke jani caitanyer lila-pustikari
sri-caitanya-anucara satru-mitra jata
sakaler sri-carane hoilama nata
tomara koroho krpa e daser prati
caitanya sudrdha koro binoder mati
(1) The essence of this narration is that no one can possibly have the power to understand the unfathomable ocean of Lord Caitanya-Candra's transcendental pastimes.
(2) The incomprehensible truth revealed in the scriptures is my Lord Sri Krsna. Who has the power to understand the limit of His transcendental pastimes?
(3) So then why are foolish persons discussing and deliberating the revealed scriptures? They are not reaching to the end due to the simple reason that they have not accepted the transcendental pastimes of Lord Gauranga.
(4) Which scripture sings of the limit of the unlimited? I simply laugh when I hear them say that Krsna is subordinate to and limited by the descriptions of the sastra.
(5) The Supreme Lord Krsna has now become fair-complexioned, and according to His own sweet will has descended along with His Vaikuntha abode in Navadvipa-dhama.
(6) When Krsna comes to deliver all the fallen souls, then all of His associates and followers also come with Him to the surface of the earth.
(7) Along with His fair incarnation His own devotees Jaya and Vijaya have also appeared in Navadvipa in the mood of being the enemy of the Lord.
(8) In many previous incarnations they had also been born as demons, but the revealed scriptures say that they have taken birth in a brahmana family in Gauranga-lila.
(9) The smrti scriptures say that they become absorbed in a fighting spirit with Lord Gauracandra, manifesting enmity and hostility.
(10) Therefore it is a fact that all the residents of Navadvipa whether friendly or inimical, are eternally nourishing the development of Lord Caitanya's pastime.
(11) I know that these enemies of Lord Caitanya, coming from brahmana background, are actually assistants for giving nourishment to Lord Caitanya's pastime.
(12) I have thus prostrated myself at the lotus feet of all of the enemies as well as friends who are accompanying Lord Caitanya during His lila.
(13) All of you eternal associates kindly show your mercy to this servant and please make his devotion to Lord Caitanya become completely fixed up.