Bhaktivinod Thakur has written a song The Official Name for this song is “Bhavarnave Pade Mor” Ucchvasa: Ucchvasa Prarthana Dainyamayi Song 3. This song is taken from the book Kalyana Kalpataru. Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that controlling our senses in this material world is very difficult. Negative sense gratified people as well as our own lusty mind will continuously harass us for material pleasure. They will delude us from spiritual path. Hence we should continuously pray to Hare Govinda and take the shelter of pure devotees to help us to control our senses.Through Bhakti yoga we can get Krishna prema.
bhavarnave pa'de mor akula paran
kise kula pa'bo, ta'r na pai sandhan
na ache karama-bala, nahi jnana-bala
jaga-joga-tapodharma — na ache sambala
nit nta durbala ami, na jani santar
e bipade ke amare koribe uddhar
bisaya-kubhira tahe bhisana-darsana
kamer taranga sada kore' uttejana
prattana-vayur vega sahite na pari
kandiya asthira mana, na dekhi kandari
ogo sri jahnava devi! e dase koruna
koro' aji nija-gune, ghucao jantrana
tomar carana-tari koriya asroy
bhavarnava par ha'ba korechi niscoy
tumi nityananda-sakti krsna-bhakti-guru
e dase koroho dana pada-kalpa-taru
kota kota pamarere ko'recho uddhar
tomar carane aj e kangal char
(1) Having fallen into this vast ocean of material existence, my heart has become extremely worried. I cannot even find a clue of the means to get some help.
(2) I have no strength from fruitive activities or speculative knowledge. Nor do I have any help from virtues created by sacrifices, yoga practice or austerities.
(3) I am extremely feeble, and I don't know how to swim. Who will rescue me from this dreadful calamity?
(4) I see the horrible alligator of sense gratification present before me, the waves of lust are constantly agitating and provoking me.
(5) I can no longer cope with all the urges that are pushing me like a raging wind from my previous births. I simply weep with an agitated mind, for I do not see any rescuer in sight.
(6) Oh most revered Jahnava Devi! Please show mercy to this servant today by virtue of your own good qualities, and kindly relieve all of his afflictions.
(7) By taking the shelter of the boat of Your lotus feet I will certainly be able to cross over this vast ocean of material existence.
(8) You are the very pleasure potency of Lord Nityananda, and you are the spiritual master of devotion to Lord Krsna. Kindly bestow upon this servant the wish-fulfilling desire tree of your lotus feet.
(9) Thus this most wretched and shameful rogue begs at your feet today, for he sees that you are delivering many other sinners.