Jiva Goswami has written this song “Saha Bhratr Varyam Guror Grama Gami”. This song is taken from the book Gopala Campu – Volume 2 Chapter 9 Verse 57. In this song, Jiva Goswami has described the pastime when Lord Krishna returned his guru’s son to His guru as Guru Daksina.
saha-bhratr-varyam guror grama-gami
tadavantikayam javal labdha-sangah
guror antikayam sabhayam sad-angah
samastesu sattvesu casid ativa
priyah sarva-tattvesu yadvat tu jivah
samastad viviktam guror bhakti-kari
guror ittham apta-prasadatirekah
guror daksinasam drutam bhartum ipsuh
gato daksinasam sutam tasya lipsuh
dara-grastam etam vicinvan darantah
ciran nasam etam vijanan na santah
pragrhyatha tasmad daram pascajanyam
avadid akasmat tad etyagrajanyam
sthalam dharma-rajah pratasthe 'ti-turnam
tatah sarma-bhajah sukham prapa purnam
yada tarakanam patis tatra yatah
tada narakanam abhut tapa-ghatah
agrhnad guroh savam antat pramuktam
gurum tasya bharyam api prapya tasmat
adhinvista karyat paran apy akasmat
tam etam samayatam iksasva gostham
(1) Accompanied by His noble brother, Krsna went to His guru's home. Now a brahmacari, He eagerly studied His own Vedic literatures.
(2) He quickly went to Avantipura. He placed His transcendental form is His guru's assembly.
(3) Because He is the Supersoul in everyone's heart, He dearly loves all living entities.
(4) He was very devoted to His guru. Accompanied by the other disciples, He brought firewood for His guru.
(5) By His guru's mercy, He became learned. When His vow had come to its conclusion, He performed the abhiseka ceremony.
(6) When He quickly approached to bring daksina for His guru, His guru desired the return of his son as daksina.
(7) Learning that the boy was swallowed by a conch, Krsna searched for him inside the conch. Aware that the boy must certainly have died long ago, Krsna did not stop searching for him.
(8) Accompanied by His elder brother, Balarama, Krsna went to yamaraja's abode and then suddenly sounded the conchshell, which was named Pancajanya.
(9) Quickly coming, and greeting the Lord with all respect, Yamaraja was filled with happiness.
(10) Lord Krsna, who stops the sufferings of the residents of hell, shone like a splendid moon, the master of the stars.
(11) Freeing him from death, and giving him a new, youthful body, the Lord took the boy with Him.
(12) When Lord Krsna returned their son, the guru and his wife became filled with happiness.
(13) Krsna has returned to Vraja. Gaze at His happily smiling face.