ki rūpe pāibo sevā mui durācāra
śrī guru vaiṣṇave rati nā hoilo āmāra
aśeṣa māyāte mana magana hoilo
vaiṣṇavete leśa mātra rati nā janmilo
viṣaye bhuliyā andha hoinu divā-niśi
gale phāńsa dite phire māyā se piśācī
ihāre koriyā jaya chāḍāno nā yāya
sādhu kṛpā vinā āra nāhiko upāya
adoṣa-daraśi prabhu! patita uddhāra
ei bāra narottame koroho nistāra
1) I have no devotion for either the Vaisnavas or my own spiritual master. How is it possible for a rascal like me to attain devotional service?
2) My mind is always drowning in illusion. I have not even the smallest fragment of devotion for the Vaisnavas.
3) I have become blind by constantly meditating on the objects of the senses. The maya-witch has placed a hangman;s noose around my neck.
4) Even if I can cure my blindness and defeat the maya-hangman, I cannot become free from material illusion without the mercy of the saintly devotees.
5) O master, O purifier of the sinful, O savior of the fallen souls, please rescue this Narottama dasa.