ki-rupe paiba seba mui duracara
sri-guru-vaisnabe rati na haila amara
asesa mayate mana magana haila
vaisnabete lesa-matra rati na janmila
bisaye tuliya andha hainu diba-nisi
gale phamsa dite phire maya se pisaci
inhare kariya jaya chadana na jaya
sadhu-krpa bina ara hanika upaya
ei-bara narottame karaha nistara
1) I have no devotion for either the Vaisnavas or my own spiritual master. How is it possible for a rascal like me to attain devotional service?
2) My mind is always drowning in illusion. I have not even the smallest fragment of devotion for the Vaisnavas.
3) I have become blind by constantly meditating on the objects of the senses. The maya-witch has placed a hangman;s noose around my neck.
4) Even if I can cure my blindness and defeat the maya-hangman, I cannot become free from material illusion without the mercy of the saintly devotees.
5) O master, O purifier of the sinful, O savior of the fallen souls, please rescue this Narottama dasa.