Bhaktivinod Thakur has written this song “Nagare Nagare Gora Gay”. The Official Name for this song is Sri Krsnaer Vimsottara Sata Nama Song 1. This song is taken from the book Gitavali . Bhaktivinoda Thakura describes Sri Krishna’s innumerable transcendental pastimes. He is the son of Nanda Maharaj and Yasoda. He is the lover of Sri Radhey and the protector of cows. He has killed many demons and protected the Vraja vasis.
(Refrain:) nagare nagare gora gay
indra-nila-mani braja-janera jivana
yamala-arjuna-bhanji govinda gopala
vatsasurantaka hari nija-jana-pala
baka-satru agha-hanta brahma-vimohana
dhenuka-nasana krsna kaliya-damana
pitambara sikhi-piccha-dhari venu-dhara
natabara guhacara sarata-bihari
vallabi-vallabha deva gopi-vastra-hari
yajna-patni-gana-prati karunara sindhu
govardhana-dhrk madhava braja-basi-bandhu
indra-darpa-hari nanda-raksita mukunda
sri-gopi-vallabha rasa-krida purnananda
sri-radha-vallabha radha-madhava sundara
vana-mali smera-mukha gopi-prana-dhana
tri-bhangi murali-dhara jamuna-nagara
radha-kunda-ranga-neta rasera sagara
manasa-gangara dani prasuna-taskara
gopi-saha hatha-kari braja-baneswara
ramanuja syama-canda murali-vadaka
gopi-gita-srota madhu-sudana murari
vyomantaka padma-netra kesi-nisudana
ranga-krida kamsa-hanta malla-praharana
dina-natha mathuresa devaki-garbha-ja
kubja-krpamoya visnu sauri narayana
dwarakesa naraka-ghna sri-yadu-nandana
sri-rukmini-kanta satya-pati sura-pala
pandava-bandhava sisupaladira kala
jagadisa janardana kesavarta-trana
sarva-avatara-bija visvera nidana
mayeswara yogeswara brahma-tejadhara
sarvatmara atma prabhu prakrtira para
patita-pavana jagannatha sarveswara
brndabana-candra sarva-rasera akara
nagare nagare gora gay
bhakativinoda tachu pay
Refrain: From village to village Lord Gaura sings these names of Sri Krsna:
(1) Krsna is the baby who feeds on the breast milk of Mother Yasoda. He is the son of Maharaja Nanda, dark blue like an indra-nila gem (sapphire), and the life of the residents of Vraja.
(2) He destroyed the witch of Gokula named Putana, He killed the wicked whirlwind demon Trnavarta, and He broke the cart in which the demon Sakatasura was hiding.
(3) He likes to steal butter, and is an expert thief of yogurt. He broke the two arjuna trees, He is a cowherd boy who always gives pleasure to the cows, and He is the protector of the cows.
(4) He is so naughty that His mother bound Him around the waist with ropes, and He is the keeper of the cows and calves of Vrndavana. He is the destroyer of the calf-demonVatsasura, He is the remover of all evils, and is the protector of His devotees.
(5) He is the enemy of the stork-demon Bakasura, the slayer of the snake-demon Aghasura, the bewilderer of Lord Brahma, the destroyer of the ass-demon Dhenukasura, He is all-attractive, and the subduer of the Kaliya serpent.
(6) He dresses in yellow silk cloth, wears peacock feathers on His head, and He always holds a flute. He performs pastimes in the Bhandira forest, and He swallowed a forest fire in order to save the inhabitants of Vraja.
(7) He is the best of dancers, He wanders in the caves of Govardhana Hill, and He enjoys various amorous pastimes in the autumn season. He is the lover of the young cowherd maidens, the Supreme Lord of all, and the stealer of the gopis' garments.
(8) He is the ocean of mercy for the wives of the sacrificial brahmanas, He is the holder of Govardhana Hill, the husband of the goddess of fortune, and the dear most friend of the inhabitants of Vraja.
(9) He broke Indra's pride, and is the protector of His father, Nanda Maharaja. He is the giver of liberation, the lover of the cowherd maidens of Vraja, the enjoyer of the rasadance, and the reservoir of fully complete pleasure.
(10) He is the lover of Srimati Radharani, the very springtime of Her life, and is very handsome. He is the Lord of the lives of all the sakhis of Vrndavana, headed by Lalita andVisakha.
(11) He possesses the lovely complexion of a fresh rain cloud, He is the bewilderer of Cupid, and is always garlanded with fresh forest flowers. His face is full of sweet smiles and laughter, and He is the wealth of the lives of all the young cowherd maidens in Vraja.
(12) He possesses a beautiful three-fold bending form, and holds a flute known as murali. He is the lover of the Yamuna river, the director of all the amorous love-sports atRadha Kunda, and He is the ocean of sweet devotional mellows.
(13) He is the Lord of the life of Candravali, and He is desirous of joking and playing pranks. He is very anxious to enjoy the moods of His beloved Radhika's feigned sulking, and He always endeavors to meet with Her.
(14) He is the giver of the Manasa Ganga lake to the inhabitants of Vrndavana, and a thief of flower blossoms. He acts very outrageously with the maidens of Vrndavana, not caring for social restrictions, and He is the Lord of the Vraja-mandala forests.
(15) He is the wealth of Gokula, and He protects the cowherd boys from all miseries. He curbs all foolish pride and removes all distress from His devotees.
(16) He is the liberator of the demigod Sudarsana, and is the destroyer of the demon Sankhacuda. He is the younger brother of Lord Baladeva (Rama), He is the beautiful dark moon of Vrndavana, and the player of the murali flute.
(17) He listens to the devotional songs of the gopis, and is the slayer of the demon Madhu. He is the enemy of the demon Mura, the killer of the bull-demon Aristasura, and He regularly enjoys amorous sports at Radha Kunda and other places in Vraja.
(18) He is the destroyer of the sky-demon Vyomasura, His eyes are shaped like lotus petals, and He is the killer of the horse-demon Kesi. He is fond of frolicsome pastimes, is the slayer of King Kamsa, and is the conquerer of Kamsa's wrestlers named Canura and Mustika.
(19) He is the beloved son of Vasudeva, and the emblem of fame for the Vrsnai dynasty. The Lord of the fallen souls, He is the Monarch of Mathura, and He appears to have taken birth from the womb of Devaki.
(20) He is full of mercy for the hunchbacked girl Kubja. He is the maintainer of the entire creation, the son of Vasudeva, the refuge of all souls, the Lord of Dvaraka, the slayer of the demon Narakasura, and the beloved descendant of the Yadu dynasty.
(21) He is the lover of Rukmini, the husband of Satya, the protecter of the godly, the beloved friend of the five Pandava brothers, and the cause of death for Sisupala and other demonic kings.
(22) He is the Lord of the universe, the maintainer of all living beings, the possessor of beautiful hair, and the deliverer from all misery. He is the primordial seed of all His various incarnations, and is the origin of all universes.
(23) He is the Lord of Maya, the master of mysticism, and the proprietor of the spiritual powers of the brahmanas. The Soul of all souls, He is the Supreme Lord and master, being the opposite shore of the ocean of material nature.
(24) Lord Krsna is the purifier of the fallen souls, the Lord of the universe, the controller of all beings, the moon of Vrndavana, and the original reservoir of all rasas.
(25) From village to village Lord Gauranga sings these names of Krsna, and Bhaktivinoda remains at His lotus feet.